8

Sex with Tristan was... amazing. He knew every sweet spot; he knew exactly how to touch me, how to make me cry out, how to make me beg, and how to bring me to the most exotic climax I had ever experienced before. Never before in my life had I experienced something so sensual, so pleasurable, so... Hot. It was almost like pure bliss, a perfect paradise.

Which didn't last long enough.

The following day, we were going to be getting ready to go on another mission around the territory that was held by Fukkatsu. A perimeter check to make sure that Titan or the other large gang known as Hades wasn't anywhere nearby or planning to attack our area. It was going to be Jace, Zak, Tristan and myself on this particular run. I was both excited and nervous. Excited because Tristan was joining us this time, and nervous because I knew that every time we went out, we encountered Titan. It was growing on everyone, I could tell.

"Titan knows our every move," Jace was saying. He was leaning against the far wall in Tristan's study, his arms crossed over his chest and one leg up against the wall as he watched Tristan carefully.

I was seated in the chair across from Tristan's desk where he was leaning on the dark mahogany wood. Zak stood near the door, hands hooked through his belt, resting on his thighs as he watched us.

"I know."

"Yet you still insist on coming with us, on one of the more dangerous patrols. I really have to wonder sometimes if you're sane, Tristan."

Tristan smirked as he glanced over to Jace who only rolled his eyes and sighed, shifting his body against the wall. I looked between the two of them, biting my lower lip. It had been a little over a month since I'd joined them. To be exact, it was going to be a month and two weeks the next day.

"I would feel better coming with you so I can see things for myself. Besides, I can't always stay here and do paperwork. If I do, then I'll go crazy."

Zak gave a soft laugh at that and made a shrugging gesture at Jace, "He's right you know."

Jace rolled his eyes, "Whatever, you're going to do what you want anyway, aren't you?"

Tristan smiled, "Haven't you learned anything yet?"

Jace sighed, "Fine. So, do we have any idea as to who it is that's leaking this information out to Titan?"

My throat grew dry as I sat there. It wasn't that I was nervous or guilty, I was just worried. Worried that even though for the past month I had done everything they'd asked me to, that they would still suspect me. Of course, on the other hand, I was expecting it too. Honestly, if someone were to infiltrate Fukkatsu, they would have to act like me. Wiggle their way in and earn the trust of everyone. The timing, though, couldn't have been more ironic.

"I have a few ideas," Tristan answered as he leaned against the table.

Zak moved to sit down next to me, leaning forward on his legs, "Whoever it is would have to have been with us for a long while. Learning everything about us, how we move and how we operate. Probably someone who is higher up in the ranks, like Jace and I."

Tristan nodded slowly. It definitely made sense. Learning everything about the group, taking your time to earn the trust of everyone around you... It was bound to take a really long time. Which also meant that it could be any number of people in the group. What I was curious about, though, was that Zak had said that there were more in the higher ranks like he and Jace were. I lifted an eyebrow at them as I leaned on the side of the chair.

"Ranks?" I asked softly.

Tristan's hazel gaze landed on me and I had to fight to keep from blushing under that intense look. It brought back the very fresh memory of the day before. He had watched me with those same eyes as he brought me to climax. I shifted in the seat as I looked up at him briefly before I had to look away. He's doing that on purpose... I thought with a frown. He was really enjoying teasing me.