9

The hummer grinded to a halt in front of the manor as Zak pulled it around the large circular driveway. Other cars were parked there as well, lining the huge driveway as they sat in front of the manor. They were the cars that belonged to the other groups of the gang. I wasn't paying attention to that though as the hummer skidded a bit across the gravel. Jace's door flung opened and before I knew it he had come around to my side of the car. He wrenched the door open so hard that I thought it might come off the hinges though I knew that was impossible.

Reaching in, he snatched my upper arm and dragged me from the backseat. I was so stunned that I didn't register what was going on until I was on the ground, feeling sharp rock underneath my hands and arms. I grunted as I hit the ground and then rolled over to stare up at Jace who looked utterly livid. He reached down and ripped the gun from my thigh and tore the sheathed knife free, tossing both away from me. Jace stood again and his gun was shaking as he pointed it at me. My heart lumped in my throat thickly.

"You little shit," Jace cursed.

"N-no..."

"What the fuck was that!?"

"I don't know!" I shouted back, lifting myself up as I faced him. Footsteps crunched along the gravel and I caught sight of Zak and Tristan standing behind Jace who stood over me.

"Don't lie to me! He said 'good work', what the hell does that mean!? Were you sent here by him? Hu? Are you here to try to get at Tristan?"

"No! I would never-"

Jace moved so quickly that I didn't have time to react. His knuckles slammed into the side of my face as he backhanded me, throwing me down upon the gravel. I let out a shocked gasp. Panting, I stared at the dirt absolutely stunned at what he'd just done. My horror and shock was slowly turning to anger. I turned around to face Jace only to find the end of his silver gun in my face.

"What, thought you would get all cozy with us? Get all the information that you could from us and then send it along to Alik? Thought you would get all comfortable next to Tristan? Worm your way into his bed, fuck him and then tear him apart?!"

My mouth opened as I gaped at him. My heart shattering as I lay there. It felt like I couldn't breathe properly, my eyes burned as I felt rage rushing through my body. My teeth ground together as I lay there. Tristan hadn't come forward to stop Jace, or say anything. Zak leaned against the hummer, his arms crossed over his chest. Tristan must have been shocked, disappointed, hateful.

He hates me now... I'm sure of it. All three of them. Slowly I shook my head. I couldn't figure out what to say to make this better, to fix this. Alik, with those simple words had driven a perfect stake of distrust in each of them. Alik... I'm going to fucking kill you. I took in breath after gasping breath as I stared at Jace.

"No... No I wouldn't," I said softly, shaking my head as my voice shook uncontrollably.

That seemed to only piss him off even more, "I should put a God damned bullet through you right now! How long were you planning to go about deceiving us? How long were you going to weave your little lies, Valkyrie!?"

"I'm not lying! I haven't done anything!" I screamed, my anger starting to take over, getting the best of me.

He pulled back to strike me again, this time Tristan did say something, "Jace," his commanding tone made Jace stop before he could hit me. He put the gun in front of me again instead. I was hopeful that Tristan would say something else, but he didn't and my heart sunk to the pits of my stomach. I thought I was going to be sick. This awful feeling pulsed through me. It was a battle that I had already lost.

"And what about the other half of what he said," Jace hissed, "'Hey babe'? Are you fucking kidding me!? And when were you planning to tell us that you were Alik's boyfriend!?" he screamed at me.