18

Alik made the first move as I was a slight bit fascinated with my hands that crackled white. However as he moved, my body reacted. I didn't so much as see his move as I felt it. Pulling my hands up, I directed the energy that made the white light crackle so much toward my hands. Alik hissed as he backed away from me quickly. Briefly, I wondered why he did that, but then I remembered. He could be a few steps ahead of me. I frowned, which meant that he was concentrating solely on me. Fine, I could still win this fight.

Damn... aren't I getting cocky? Jesus where did that come from... I wondered briefly, but I didn't dwell on it. It just felt right. That was the best way I could describe it. My gaze watched Alik's closely; those shining green eyes of his told me that he was using the power that Excalibur gave him, the enhancements. It also told me that there was a way to control all of that excess power, the abilities. Turning them off was difficult for me though, especially in the state I was in. I shrugged, not really wanting to turn off the power at that moment anyway. I needed it if I was going to take on Alik on equal footing.

His eyes narrowed and I felt a piercing pain through my stomach. Groaning, I slowly dropped to my knees before I recovered, channeling my energy toward my abdomen. The nerves were being attacked by him again. If I shut them off... I wouldn't feel anything. With that in mind, I concentrated on making my nerves numb along my stomach. When I didn't feel the pain anymore, I gave a slight grin. I spread the numbness along my body as I was sure Alik would try again to put me down on the ground. I wasn't about to let that happen three times in a row.

As I stood back up, I rushed Alik who hissed in a deep breath. My fingers stretched out to touch the bastards chest and fry him to a fucking crisp. He backed away from me rapidly, trying to keep his distance because if I touched him... well it was game over for him, wasn't it? I forced myself forward, trying to move faster to match his backward pace. I wanted this to be over with quickly because even though I was focused on my own bodies natural electricity and enhancing it, I could feel behind me Tristan's own body, his pain as he struggled to keep awake.

His pain was driving me insane. I wanted to do something about it, to take it away and make it so that he wasn't in pain anymore. I knew I couldn't even with the strange addition to my body. However, what I did know was that Kilia was the person to do this. She could heal him of his wounds, take away his pain and make him comfortable again, and that was what I wanted so badly. My eyes narrowed at Alik as he hit the table behind him. I lurched forward, taking the chance as I closed in on him rapidly.

My fingers just barely brushed his arm and Alik gave a scream of pain as he reeled from my charged touch. I slammed into the table as he skirted away from me to the left. Grinding my teeth, everything on the table electrified and I felt my own enhancement come back at me, reigniting the nerves that I had numbed a moment before. Pushing away from the table as quickly as I could, I took from it a knife and hurled it at Alik without really aiming.

As the weapon flew handle over edge at him, I rushed him yet again. My hands outstretched and as I drew closer, the electrical charge suddenly leapt from my fingertips and snapped out at Alik like little white whips through the air. He shouted again as the tips of the electricity brushed across his chest. Following my attack, the knife buried itself in his shoulder and he stumbled backward even further.

"Son... of a bitch," Alik cursed as he reached up and gripped his shoulder tightly.

I wasn't quite finished with him yet though and I chased after him as he booked it for the door. The air that I had felt earlier dragged at my senses and I changed tactics rapidly. The electrical charge faded and as Alik pulled at the door handle, I concentrated on it to keep it shut with the air in the room, making it too heavy to move as if a storm were pushing against the metal. Alik struggled to pull it open. When he realized that it wasn't going to budge and that I was getting closer, he released it and turned to face me.