5

Something sweet filled my nose; the scent of some sort of tea was filling the room I was in. My head felt like someone had dropped an anvil on it as I opened my eyes to stare groggily up at the ceiling. Taking in a deep breath, I moved a little bit as I lay there, testing my strength. Damn, my body felt so heavy... What happened? I could hardly remember.

As I tried to sit up, I felt bandages wrapped around my waist. They were tight and constricted my movement but it didn't hurt. Actually, it felt kind of good to have the cloth tightly wound around me. I couldn't sit up though... Not easily anyway. Pushing my hands underneath my hips, I pulled myself up only to have a pair of hands on my shoulders, pushing me back down.

The touch was familiar and I recalled the car ride where I was continually pushed down on the seat against Tristan's lap. I was starting to get irritated about being put back down constantly. When I looked up, I was frowning, my eyes narrowed in irritation at the one who was trying to make me lay back down. Tristan smiled at me as he eased me back onto the bed, gently but firmly so that I couldn't really fight back. God that was so aggravating.

"Why can't I sit up?"

"Because you'll open your wounds. Kilia would be very upset about that. You wouldn't want that, now would you? After all that work she did to patch you up so nicely."

Again with the guilt tripping! What the hell? I let out a sigh of frustration as I allowed him to put me back against the sheets and pillows. His grin told me that he knew he'd won. That bastard was teasing me again. There had to be something I could do to get back at him, to wipe that damned look off his face.

"Can't I sit up a little bit?" my voice was soft, pouting slightly, but I had done that on purpose and even dolled it up by looking up at him with 'puppy' eyes.

Tristan paused, an eyebrow lifting as he stared down at me. Inwardly I grinned as his face took a somewhat confused and curious look. Finally, he smiled at me and leaned down over the bed, the mattress creaking slightly with his added weight. His hands pulled me forward slightly, one arm slipping around my shoulders to pull me closer.

"Here, hold on for a second," he said softly and I found myself pressed up against his body.

Ignoring the fact that he was rubbing against me slightly, and that I could feel every muscle under the nice button up shirt he was wearing, I turned my head and bit his neck, hard. Ass, treating me like a child, teasing me! I hope that hurts, bastard! Tristan stopped, his arm around me tightening to nearly crush me against his larger body. Instead of him cursing or me being thrown backward from him, he let out a sultry, sexy sound and I gasped. Shit... With a slight groan, he finished with the pillows as I immediately released his neck, my face hot with embarrassment. That had not gone as planned. Fuck.

He lowered me back down, but stayed leaning over me. He watched me carefully, his hazel gaze far more intense than I'd ever seen it before. Tristan's eyes dropped from my face, slowly taking in my body before he looked back up at me. He grinned then, a wicked little smirk on his face as he leaned down further. My heart lurched and my breath seemed to be sucked away in that instant. Shit... shit... shit!

"Was that supposed to mean something?"

"N-no! Fuck off!"

"Oh? Then why did you bite me? Are you trying to seduce me? Maybe Jace was right."

"W-what? Hell no! Why the hell would I want to seduce you of all people!? Someone's full of themselves," I snarled back, my hands reaching up to push against his chest to try to keep some distance.

His grin widened as he gave a soft laugh at my very poor attempt to push him off me. Tristan was heavy, and he was making no attempt to relieve my burden of holding him up. My arms strained and I knew that if I released him, he'd probably come crashing down on top of me, something that I desperately wanted to avoid. His body weight shifted at the last second before my arms dropped at my sides, my chest heaving from the struggle.