23

I wasn't sure, but I think I had somehow managed to irritate Tristan. The car ride back to the manor was pretty silent. Before that, Tristan had looked me over quickly, noting the blood on my shirt and the tear where the metal had cut me. After asking if I was all right, he didn't say much to me. I was worried, had I done something wrong? Was he mad at me because I had gone off on Ahmeil? I seethed though as I sat there in the back seat, Ahmeil between us. It hadn't been my fault!

Ahmeil had been the one to stir me up, to piss me off with her fucking irritating speech. She was so damned condescending; I couldn't comprehend why she would speak to me like that. I hated it, and the worst of it was to have Tristan call my name in that commanding tone of his. He'd never done that before, well except for when we first met and he hadn't known me very well. Now, though, he spoke to me in kinder tones, a gentle voice that sent chills down my spine.

It was odd to hear that commanding tone again, directed at me. I knew I was sulking and being a bit childish, but at the same time I knew it hadn't been my fault. The drive was taking forever, and I couldn't wait to get back to the manor so that I could talk to Tristan privately. The last thing I wanted to do was make a scene in the car. That wouldn't get any of us anywhere and it would most likely only leave me even more irritated and upset than I already was.

So, I kept silent the entire drive back to the manor. We were lucky not to run into Alik the entire trip, but I was definitely happy for it too. It also meant that no one was reporting to the asshole to tell him where our next move would be. It was a relief to know that we could move freely again and not worry about running into Titan and trying not to get killed almost every day.

The hummer pulled into the driveway of the manor and we all piled out of the car. I was too eager to be free of the small space and anywhere near Ahmeil who was officially on my hate list. She dropped down into the gravel behind me as I left the car and headed straight for the doors of the enormous house. In her hands was the case which I didn't care about. All I wanted was distance. I would learn about the contents of the case later, I was sure.

I shoved the doors opened and stormed up the stair case directly in front of me. I had officially left behind the other four without a word. It was probably better that way anyway. Knowing my impulsiveness, I'd say something that would irritate them and be in trouble. Well, more trouble than I already was in I supposed. So I continued on down the hall and slammed open the door that was my room. I treated it the same way as I closed it forcefully and leaned against it for a long while. It took quite a while to settle my raging emotions. My breathing was quick in my chest; my face was hot with anger as I glowered at the floor. If looks could have done anything in particular, I'd swear I could have burned a hole in the floor.

I shoved off the door and threw myself to the bed. Bouncing slightly across the mattress, I lay on my stomach and hugged the pillow beneath me tightly, burying my face in it. My irritation hadn't really subsided, but at least I was utterly pissed off that I'd snap at the first person who asked me a question. As I lay there, I felt my body beginning to shut down. The headache was still there from healing myself and I was seriously tired.

I supposed the only thing that had kept me going up to that point was my anger at that bitch. However, as I lay there, I was beginning to feel the effects of using Excalibur in that way. My head hurt something fierce and I thought for sure I was going to get sick. I groaned as I curled in on myself and buried my head, trying to get rid of the growing pain. The cool sheets against my forehead felt great.

A solid three knocks on my door startled me and I felt my body jolt at the sound. A rush of adrenaline coursed through me, followed by my previous irritation and anger as Tristan's voice called to me from the other side of the door. I shoved off the bed and stormed to the door. I took a moment to calm myself just enough, but I wanted him to know that I wasn't happy. Yanking the door open I looked up at him with narrowed eyes and a deep frown on my lips.