10.Betrayal plan.

I thought I knew shit. From what I can recall I was top of my class at the academy. I was never the smartest, the greatest, the strongest but I damn well acted like I was. I'm no hero.

"you're going to meet mom right?" Chloe is next to me when i get out of the car. her words come at me but she busies herself by trying to get a hold of Kaden's big hands and interlocking her fingers with his.

"uhh...sure" I say awkwardly and walk to them.

"oh my god klo!" she bends down and welcomes Chloe into her arms and picks her up to hug her tightly.

"mommy!" she laughs innocently.

"come inside, we're having breakfast" she opens the door wider still and Kaden walks inside so I follow. I look around the house out of habit. Looking for every object that can be used in my advantage. But everything is oddly... normal. They have good art on the walls, may be copies but they're good paintings. goya, Caravaggio, Jeremy Mann, those are nice. Walking down the corridor I get oddly close to the wall and notice the surface of the canvases have paint strokes. Must be a wealthy family. i thought he had money because of his little hit-man gig.

I pull myself out of my trance and return to my situation. "...orange juice, coffee, whatever you want" this is Alicia speaking. I suppose she's offering.

"no thank you" I say with a very small smile. Kaden is standing by the doorway leading to the dining room. Inside I see an older woman, maybe 50, eating oatmeal at the end of the table and watching the morning news, next to her sits a young girl, maybe 18. She's strawberry blonde, her nose is the exact same shape as Alicia's. That might be her sister. She looks the part. Alicia invites us to join and the supposed sister even yells out an "oh my god Kaden!" while standing up and running to hug him. He's paralyzed by her sudden show of affection, it's hilarious to watch as he awkwardly maneuvers out of the hug. When she backs off finally her hands find a way to fix her hair back to perfect, she's beautiful just like Alicia.

"Amelia...." He acknowledges her but I sense a certain kind of unreturned feeling. He moves along to greet his mother, a light brown haired woman who apparently is a professor at Yale. "mother" he kisses her cheek and retreats.

"Kaden i haven't seen you in 3 years and you come in here with a very beautiful young woman and don't even care to introduce her?" she walks to me and i look at Kaden who rolls his eyes. This would catch me off guard if i didn't lie so well, but the truth is it shocks me a little, who knew Kaden had a.... Well a loving family.

"This is Prowsypants mother. She enjoys long walks on the beach, blowing up clinics and breaking people's shoulders" the sudden revelation leaves me speechless. Not only does he know that i ALMOST blew up the clinic but does his family know about his job, about the people he frequents? i stop him and correct him.

"That is not my name and technically the bomb never ignited so..." I give him a look and he moves past me. "i'm Alessa" I extend my hand to the mother, who's name I still don't know.

"Well, hello, perhaps you'll persuade him to visit his mother more often, it's usually Alicia who comes every so often. Would you like some coffee? I just made it" and me, trying to get away from the asshole accept the offer. i'm led into the kitchen where she takes a cup and asks how i like my coffee. i ask for a replica of what i say she was having earlier. Iced with milk, sugar and cream.

Kaden talks to Alicia in the hallway leading to the kitchen and over Theresa's conversation i can hear bits and pieces of the information while looking like i'm engaged in the conversation i'm having. "Jose figured me out, he must have because he's sending people out for me." Kaden speaks quietly.