18. I Want More of You.

We agree that a safe house is needed. At least that way there is no possible way it can be traced back. The agency usually gets you your safe houses but if they know where it is, what's the point in hiding there? "i don't have many Russian contacts we can use so... why don't you hit Dean up?"

"Dean? Have you met Dean? Guy won't leave his house to pick up the mail" Kaden tells me as he picks up his stuff from  the hotel room's floor. He sure has a lot of shit, although, somehow it all fits in a Columbia backpack which makes him look like a college kid. "have you seen my lock pick set?" he asks suddenly distracted.

"The windowsill" i point to the wall peeling off a banana from the fruit bowl and waiting patiently for Kaden to finish packing. I'm all holstered up and ready. "so?" i continue. "i mean, i can blow up a building, it'll be..."

"no. prowse. no blowing anything up" he picks the yellow box from the windowsill and packs it, then stuff his Vektor SP1 in a compartment is the backpack. Someone knocks on the door and i look through the peephole to find the girl i saw this morning in the elevator. Being cautious and naturally distrusting i open the door slowly. 

"hi.." She being to say but seems surprised by seeing me. "hi! It's you.. Wow... you left your keycard in the elevator this morning and i wanted to return it" she hands me the lost keycard and i open the door a little wider taking a bite of my banana.

"oh thank you, i was looking for this" i say and turn around to Kaden holding it up. "see? No need to freak" I raise my eyebrows and take a bite of my banana. Out of thin air a bullet flies through the outer window and lands on the wall behind my head. 

With my mouth full of banana i open my eyes admiring the shot. That was at least 2000 feet. "holy shit" i murmur and grab my gun and the girl's hand. i pull her to the floor and close the door. if there's a sniper, there's someone outside this door. i duck and sit on the floor against the bed after taking the last bite. "i mean... that was... they're the real deal" i chuckle loading my chamber with a round. "you saw that?" i look over at Kaden who's next to me. 

"No, you wanna describe it?" 

"You're a funny dude. But... you almost got killed" i chuckle awkwardly "i thought that was... my job?" I stand up quickly and take a look out the door, the window is shattered so the visibility is quite reduced for that so called sniper. It's a man dressed in black. Suit and all. "are Jose's men well dressed, quite good looking guys? Bearded?"

"yeah"

"We should call the police! what is going on?!" the girl shouts. "who are you?"

"that's not something i can answer, now please keep calm, it'll be over soon. go to the bathroom and stay there until we're out. ok?" the girl looks at me for a minute but eventually nods and goes to the bathroom and locks the door. "Ok well.." i stand by the frame of the door on the side it opens. Kaden wordlessly stands on the other side and i nod at him to let him know it's ok to open. He places the hand on the handle and as soon as he turns his hand i put my gun out the door and shoot twice before the man can aim at me. "i do not like competition" i murmur over his body. Then we run. 

We have to get out of here without being noticed and to do that i create a distraction. i find a lighter and flame one of the curtains on the end of the hall. The fabrics are not touching anything and we all know fire doesn't just snap onto cement walls or glass.  i pull the fire alarm down and the sirens start going, then I pull the one at the end of the hall. when people start running out of their rooms and staff come into the floor trying to get everyone out we run along with the crowd. i have my blonde wig on and Kaden... well he's just him. 

Out of procedure they move everyone form the 7th floor on up out of the hotel and we take the movement of the people on the street to take the BMW. And listening to Kaden, to the mall. or.... to TsUM.