Chapter 6 / Author's Note

*** Marie's Point of View ***

June 22, 1957
Tuesday night.

I lay wide awake in bed. It was one hour shy away from midnight. A couple days ago I couldn't wait to get to bed; now I'm trying my best to get to sleep. I turn to my left side and shut my eyes for the hundredth time. Still, nothing. I look at the alarm clock by my bed. It now reads 11:30, great.

I got up searching in the dark for my iPod touch and my earphones. I turned it on hoping Elvis' music would do it's trick and lullaby me to sleep. Just as I was about to lie back down and turn the world off I hear a tap from my window. Fear took over. Is it a robber? Killer? Psycho? I quickly sat up knowing the robber wouldn't be able to see me since I was at the corner of the room. After a few taps I realized they were rocks flying at my window- tiny ones.

With a confused look I walk over to the window and lift it up. Curious, I peer out the window. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was Elvis with his lip curl smile shinning in the pale moonlight. I couldn't think, so I just laughed.

"What the hell are you doing here?! Have you checked the time!?" I loudly whispered to him in disbelief.

Elvis let out a sneer then grinned. He put his hands in his pockets and made his way closer to me and the window.

"I was in the neighborhood, girly.", He said with innocence.

Unimpressed with his excuse, I stare at him with a serious face.

"Elvis, you live up the street from here."

I stared at him as he let out a chuckle.

"Alright, alright girly, ya caught me. I just got outta a concert."

"Uh huh." I said smirking.

He came even closer to me and the window;I back up as he sat on the windowpane. Lost at what to do, I just watch him. He got comfortable then looked up at me, with those mesmerizing blue eyes.

"I've really wanted to see ya after Friday beautiful, but the only free time I've had since then is right now.", He revealed as he dropped his head low.

He's so cute even when he's feeling guilty. I smile small.

"Hey it's ok. You're a celebrity. I understand."

Elvis looked up at me with disappointment in his eyes.

"But you're important to me and I'm already pushin' you away. You don't deserve this already."

He holds out his hand; I lay mine on top of his.

"I wanna take you out." He exclaimed quietly.

Petrified, my eyes went wide; he smirked.

"Right now??" I whispered.

"Yeah girly, NOW." He said with a grin.

"I heard there's a party at an old friend's place not far from here. Get ta changing girly." Elvis confidently exclaimed not moving an inch off the window

I look around, "What am I going to wear?!" I accidentally say out loud. Elvis tried holding in his laughter.

"Anything, girly. You'll look great in anything."

I put my hands on my hips as I glared at him.

"You gonna leave, Presley?"

He shook his head and crosses his arms.

"I think I just got comfortable."

I laugh as quiet as I could and tried pushing Elvis off the window. As soon as he touched the ground I shut the window. He turned back at me as I decided on an outfit. I looked at him and smirked; I shook my head glaring back at him. He let out a loud chuckle- I know since I could hear the muffled version through the shut window. Then, I turn my back to make my way to change in the bathroom which made my hair dramatically swish. Elvis must have liked it since I didn't hear a peep out of him anymore. Once I finished changing I went back into my room. I didn't see him through the window anymore. I quickly did my signature medium thick top eyeliner and mascara. I put on a pink lipstick and found some kitten heels to match my outfit. Even in the 1950's my fashion sense is of a drunk mad woman.
I open the window and look out both ways, left, right and still no sign of Elvis. I slowly get myself out my room and onto the crunchy grass. I felt like a rebellious teenager as I shut the window and made my way to the front of the house.