12. Date

The park? Zion wonders. Did someone tell him?

"We are here and wait." Mike says before he is getting out of the car. He goes around to the trunk and then opens the door for Zion before he can.

Zion smiles. "Thanks." Zion gestures at the basket.

"We are eating first and then we can walk around." Mike says. "I have a space in mind." He takes Zion's hand in his.

They walk around the park until they arrive at the tree on the hill, which gives them a view of the whole park. Mike sets down a blanket on the ground before he pulls Zion next to him.

"We have mini sandwiches, fresh fruit, and cake. Tea and water as drinks."

Zion smiles, "We should have the cake first."

Mike shakes his head. "Are you teasing me?"

"Not at all." He replies, biting his lower lip.

"You are." Mike pouts.

Zion shakes his head trying to contain his laughter at seeing Mike pout.

Mike tries to tickle him, Zion starts laughing at Mike's frustration.

"St--op."

"No." Mike replies enjoying hearing Zion's laughter.
"You--."

Zion's face becomes flushed by all the laughter making Mike halt his movements. Zion's presence captivates him and Zion agreeing to be his boyfriend has him feeling ecstatic. Zion is regaining his breathing. He meets Mike's gaze. Mike moves towards Zion. Zion's heart begins to beat against his chest again in anticipation. Mike's lips meet his and without hesitation, Zion wraps his hands around Mike's neck to bring him closer. Mike moves over him.

Remembering where they are, Mike tries to break the kiss, but Zion pulls him down.

He whispers, "Zion, we're in the park."

Zion pushes Mike away from him. Mike can't help, but chuckle when Zion covers his red face.

I didn't know he would react like he did to the kiss. Mike thinks. I like it. He moves to pull Zion to a sitting position next to him. "Here" Mike hands him the cake.

"Thanks." Zion replies not meeting Mike's gaze.

Mike smiles. He is still shy. "Your wish is my command."

Zion smiles.

Mike smiles in return.

"What is the bread for?" Zion asks.

"To feed the ducks." Mike replies. "I thought it would be something you would like to do."

Zion smiles. "My mom tells me, she would be looking for the bread she knew she had bought, but wouldn't find it. She knew who had eaten it."

Mike chuckles. "Did it get you in trouble?"

"I was innocent." Zion replies. "I didn't know where it went." Zion says, eyes wide, trying to hide his smile.

Mike laughs. "You stole the bread, fed the ducks, and left you all with no bread."

"They were hungry." Zion explains.

"You didn't ask your parents for the bread."

Zion shrugs. "I assume I thought we had enough to get more bread."

"How did you get away with stealing the bread and feeding them?"

"My dad's cousins would pick me up to hang out with them after they got home from work. I was their favorite."