15. Ashes

Should I call him or go see him? Zion wonders as he lies in bed. I have to apologize to Mike. He has no fault in the dreams I have been having. Talking about them made it all better. I should have gone back sooner. He thinks. It always helped him talk things aloud. It startles him when he hears Mike's voice. He didn't realize he had pressed call.

"Zion?"

"Y-yes."

"How are you?" Mike asks.

"Sorry, for not calling you back." Zion rushes to say. "I--"

"I'm glad you are okay. I was worried."

"I know. Sorry, I had to work through some things. It wasn't completely work."

Mike nods before he remembers Zion can't see him. "I know."

"How do you know?" Zion asks curiously.

"I asked your brother how you were doing since you weren't talking to me..."

"Now it makes sense."

"What does?"

"He asked me why I wasn't talking to you even though I wasn't coming home early. I hadn't mentioned anything about it."

"He cares about you."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"How about you make it up by coming to a date with me tonight?"

"It's late."

"It's just eight."

"Where could we go?"

"Dessert at my place." Mike replies. "And if you want, you can tell me what was going on." He adds. "Plus, tomorrow it's Sunday. Stay the night."

"I'm wearing my pajamas."

"You can come in those."

Zion chuckles at Mike's enthusiasm. "Pick me up."

"On my way. See you soon."

"See you." Zion smiles before he is getting up and grabbing some of his things and heading towards the living room.

"Where are you going?" Sofia asks.

"To Mike's."

"So everything is working out." Zane states.

"Yes, he is picking me up."

"Do you think it is appropriate to go dressed like that?" Zane teases.

"There is nothing wrong with what I'm wearing." Zion says throwing a pillow at Zane.

"It seems like you are spending the night."

Zion shrugs. "I told him I didn't want to change, but he insisted."

"I bet he didn't even had to convince you."

"You're terrible."

"What? I'm just happy for my little brother."

"You--" Zion gets interrupted by a knock on the door. "I'll see you both later." He opens the door to find Mike standing in front of him with yellow roses. Where did he buy them at this hour?

"For you." Mike says handing them to Zion.

"Thank you." Zion smiles. "Let me go put them in water." Their tips are red.

Mike nods and leans to give him a kiss on the cheek. "I'll wait."

"I'll be quick."

"They're pretty." Sofia compliments. "Do you know of their significance?"

Zion shakes his head.

"Ask him."

"I'm ready." Zion says coming back to the door. "Bye." He yells over his shoulder.

"Use protection!" Zane yells.

Zion turns red and pulls the door closed behind him. "I should have brought the flowers with me." He mumbles. "The roses are beautiful."

"You are beautiful." Mike smiles.

Zion shakes his head.

"Do the roses have some special significance?" Zion asks, his curiosity winning.

"Hmm." Mike says taking a bite of the cake.

"Do they?"

Mike nods his head as he swallows.

Zion turns his gaze to Mike.

"They mean friendship."

Zion nods.

Mike's heart is hammering in his chest.

Zion is bringing a piece of cake to his mouth.

"The red tips signify falling in love."

Zion places the fork down; then brings it back to his mouth. He--what? Is that why she asked?

"You don't have to say anything." Mike states. "I invited you to watch a movie."

And to tell you why I avoided you. Zion shakes his head. "I don't know what to say. I wasn't expecting it."

Mike smiles. "I'm letting you know how I'm feeling."

Zion nods.

"Did you want to tell me what has been going on with you?"

"Yes..." Zion replies.

"I'm ready when you are." Mike says.

"I had a dream about you..." Zion meets Mike's gaze. "About Hunter and you." He breaks the eye contact. "I know you wouldn't do it. It scared me. It made me doubt myself."

"What was the dream about?"

"I feel foolish about it."

"Tell me. I want you to feel comfortable talking to me."

"I do. I don't want you thinking I don't trust you. It was all me and my insecurities. I do trust you."

Mike nods.

"The dream was you morphing into Hunter and vice versa, you, he was cheating on me. I found you, him in our bed."

How--? Mike shakes his head. "I can see how that would shake you up, but I wouldn't do that to you."

"I know you wouldn't. I'm scared of my feelings and my securities are getting in the way."

"You can tell me how you are feeling."

Zion nods. "I'm sorry for avoiding you."

"I understand why. Don't be afraid to tell me how you are feeling even when you think it's not worth it. Every feeling is."

"Thank you."

"I am falling in love with you."

Zion tries to reply with a smile. He leans against Mike's caress.

Everything will be okay. He will trust us. Mike thinks.

Zion leans to give him a kiss.

Yes, it will be. Mike smiles at the thinks of the times Zion has initiated a kiss. "Let's watch a movie."

Zion nods. "Do you have popcorn?"

"You want to choose a movie while I go make it?"

"Okay."

They snuggle together.

"By the way I like your pajamas." Mike states.

Zion looks down at his pajamas and blushes. "You're teasing."

"Nope, they look great on you." Mike smiles.

Zion mumbles in response and Mike kisses his nose before he wraps his arm around Zion.

-----------------------

Thank you for reading, voting, and/or commenting!