20. I Can Say IT

I'm ready. Yes, I can say it. It's not fair to keep him from saying it. He always stops himself when he wants to say it. I know I do. We've been together a year. Zion thinks. He checks to make sure everything is in place and that nothing is missing. I can do it. He chants to himself. I love him. I can do it. I love him.

He is startled by his phone ringing. His heart speeds up. "Hello?" He answers.

"I'm here."

"Oh, right." Zion replies rushing to open the door.

"Are you alright?" Mike says after giving him a quick kiss.

Zion nods.

"Are you sure? I was knocking, but I had to call you."

"I didn't hear. Let's go eat before it gets cold." Zion says.

What is wrong? Mike wonders as he follows Zion.

By the time, he joins Zion, Zion is more relaxed, and smiling. "It is a new dish. I hope it came out alright. I wanted to try something knew."

Mike nods. "I'm sure it is delicious."

"You haven't even tasted it."

"But you made it."

Zion blushes. "Do you want wine or tea or water?" Zion asks. "We'll leave the wine for later."

Mike smiles. "I'll take tea then."

They converse during the meal, but there are moments when Zion becomes pensive. He shakes his head before he is once again meeting Mike's gaze, who is complimenting him on his cooking.

"I love you." Zion blurts out.

Mike stops talking; his eyes widen.

That's not how I wanted to say it! Zion freezes. Why did I do that?

Mike grins and drops his utensils. He comes next to Zion, he moves the chair Zion is seating on towards him, so that he can face him. He claims his lips. Zion gasps giving Mike the opportunity to slip his tongue into Zion's mouth. Zion's back is to the chair's back. Mike is pulling moans out of Zion as Zion is pulling Mike closer to him. He has Mike straddling him. Neither is aware of how strongly they are pulling each other toward each other. There is no space in between them. Their hips move against each other. The need for air makes them break the kiss, but neither is stopping any movements. Mike trails kisses along Zion's jaw all the way to his sweet spot. Zion is breathing hard against Mike's ear. His fingers digging deeper into Mike's sides from the pleasure.

"M-ike." He moans.

Mike responds by capturing his lips again in a bruising kiss. Zion sucks on Mike's neck.

"Zion." Mike cries out as their movements increase and touches increase.

Zion grabs Mike's hips stopping his hips. He bites his lip. They meet each other's gaze. Mike nods in understanding before he places his head in the nook of Zion's neck. Feeling Mike's breathing against his neck has Zion wishing they wouldn't have stopped. The other morning's activities come to his mind. The thought has his freezing for a second before he continues to run his hand over Mike's back. The rhythm makes it easier to slow down their breathing.

"I love you too." Mike whispers against Zion's neck.

Zion nods. His chest feeling like it's going to explode. He knew that Mike loves him, but hearing it; it's so much better. "Say it again."

Mike pulls back to make eye contact with Zion. "I love you."

"I love you."

"You make me so happy."

"You do too."

--------------------

Thank you for reading, voting, and/or commenting!