21. A Date

"Why is someone knocking?" Zion wonders going back to open his door. Zion smiles. "What are you doing here?"

Mike grabs Zion's face and kisses him. "I have a surprise for you." Mike says.

"I thought that was the surprise." Zion replies breathlessly.

"No." Mike smirks. "I should give you more kisses."

Zion's cheeks redden.

"I came to take you out on a date."

"I just got home."

"I can wait." Mike replies.

"I was going to shower."

"I can join you." Mike says.

"You--we." Zion stutters.

Mike chuckles. "Are you not going to invite me in?"

Zion moves to the side, his face growing even hotter at forgetting they were at his door. "I'm showering." He says leaving Mike in the living room. He lets out a breath. He shakes his head trying to get rid of images of them together. They have been more persistent in his mind, especially when Mike kisses him as he did.

Zion walks into the living room to find Mike leaning back against the couch with his eyes close.

"I can feel your eyes." Mike says.

"Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise. Let's go." Mike says pulling him down to his lap.

"I thought we were going." Zion states.

"We are." Mike says. "But not before this." Mike kisses Zion. "I like seeing you all flushed." Mike whispers against Zion's lips.

Zion hides his face in the crook of Mike's shoulder. "We should go." He mumbles as he gets out of Mike's grasp.

Mike smiles as he gets up.

"Where are you taking me?" Zion asks again.

"I'm not going to tell you, so stop asking."

"Maybe if I annoy you, you will."

"No."

"Not even because I love you?" Zion asks.

Mike's hands tighten around the steering wheel. "That's not playing fair." Mike replies.

Zion tries not to smile. "But I do."

"I do too."

Zion smiles.

"We're almost there."

Zion turns to look outside and recognizes the neighborhood. They're getting closer to Mike's house. "We're going to your house?"

"Yes."

"Close your eyes." Mike says at the door.

Zion takes a deep breath before he follows Mike's instructions. Mike takes Zion's hand and leads him through the house out to the backyard.

Why are we outside? Zion wonders.

"You can open your eyes now." Mike whispers next to Zion.

Zion opens his eyes to find a blanket spread on the ground and a basket in the middle. He chuckles, "A picnic under the stars?"

"Yes." Mike says. "I thought you would like it."