Chapter 11 Performance Code

“What makes you say that?” Sam kept his cool but he knew there was definitely something off now.

“Are you saying that anybody deserves her?” Caleb asked staring at Sam like he was daring him to disagree with him.

“She deserves someone who will take care of her and love her.” Sam said. Caleb looked at him like he was sizing him up but then he nodded.

“You adore her.” He said. Sam didn’t get to ask him what that meant.

“Yeah, hey I gotta go! Yes, Darcy I’ll see you later!” She hung up and Sam knew it had been Dean she was talking to. “You remember Darcy right Sam?” She asked him. He nodded with a smile aware that Caleb was watching them. “Well she called to invite us to her house next weekend. Do you think we can make it?” She got up and walked towards him turning her back to Caleb.

“Don’t we have to go see my parents next weekend?” He asked catching onto the question in her eyes and trying to figure out how to get the message to her.

“No! Don’t you remember we moved that up to Wednesday?” She said putting her hands on his waist. Sam didn’t have to struggle with the confused look on his face until he had to pull it into one of those lightbulb moments. Clearly there was something he was missing but they all needed to talk.

“I’m so sorry I completely forgot Ty.” Sam said putting his hands on her lower back to pull her closer momentarily forgetting about Caleb. “Do you know how long we’ll be there?”

“No, but I think I need to get out of this sun. I know you just got here but would you come back with me anyway? I think I got a burn and I need someone to put aloe on my back.” She winked at Sam so that their creepy geek stalker could see.

“I wasn’t really having a good time anyway.” Sam grinned before pulling Tyler next to him and kissing the top of her head, which he had to lean down to do.

“Sam, 9pm and it’ll be ready but the packing is up to you.” Caleb said smiling at the girl in Sam’s arm but as soon as she turned his genuine grin into a hard glare. Sam simply nodded before he and Tyler packed away the towel and walked towards the car. Suddenly Tyler had her phone out and was franticly dialing someone.

“Darcy! Listen to me you really should go to Australia for vacation. I know you were asking me where you should go and I think the out back would be great. You know all that heat down under someplace where you aren’t going to be watched by your folks.” Sam couldn’t hear exactly what Dean said but he did see that Tyler’s expression seemed to relax some.

“Are we just heading back to the motel?” Sam asked as she smiled at him before looking back at the beach and grinned waving to someone. Looking back he saw Caleb wave to her. Looking at Sam she didn’t exactly answer him.

“Just don’t freak out Sam, we need to make this believable. Look at me Sam, smile please.” Sam followed her instructions catching onto her plan. He knew where this was headed and he really couldn’t bring himself to stop being a little bit excited.

“Ty...” Sam whispered caressing her cheek with his hand leaning down. He looked into her crystal blue eyes with his deep green ones and felt his eyes slip closed as their breath mingled. Then she moved forward and brushed her lips with his.

He hadn’t known what to expect but her lips were soft and moulded with his perfectly. He pulled her closer until she was flush against him. Sam could taste her vanilla chap stick. He could feel how muscular she was and how tense she really was even though she acted like she was relaxed and loose. Suddenly she pulled away.

“Go on Sam.” She gave him a playful shove towards the impala. “You have to drive home. And don’t let Darcy drive. Just get her into the motel relatively unnoticed.” She smirked and opened the door to her mustang. Sam couldn’t help but agree with Dean that the car was gorgeous but not nearly as gorgeous as the creature that drove it. She hadn’t shown the boys any of the modifications but she’d walked Dean through them all earlier and apparently they were extensive. Then she was in and gone.

“Are you going to drive after her or do I have to get in the drivers seat?” Dean mocked Sam from the back seat. Sam didn’t answer just getting into the Impala and following the same route Tyler took back to the motel. “Did you check that geek for demon?” Dean asked suddenly.

“Didn’t Tyler do it?” Sam said. Dean shook his head. “You talked to her while we were on the beach.” When Dean grunted in affirmation Sam continued. “What did she tell you?”

“Not a whole lot. She was trying to maintain that girly cover and a lot of it was in code. She did manage to get a few things across.” Dean chuckled. “I think she’s a bit paranoid if you ask me. I mean there weren’t that many people around you when she was telling me to hide in my car.” Sam chuckled thinking about her comments about Australia.

“How about we ask her what she knows?” Sam said grinning as they pulled into the motel and parked next to the mustang.