Chapter 24 Girls Can't Fix Cars

Tyler was in the parking lot of the high school and had already seen the cameras. She’d chuckled a bit and used the wind to blow a bird towards it and waited for it to poop. It had taken all of two seconds for the bird to poop on the camera creating a great blind spot for Tyler. She waltzed towards a red Ford mustang. Smiling she popped the hood and *cough cough* fixe a few things. Finally she started walking around it admiring it. Although her baby was far superior her acting skills were good.

“Umm excuse me?” A boy said to her as he reached the car.

“Oh! I’m sorry I was just admiring your car. Nothing special on it but still a gorgeous car.” Tyler said with a grin. “What year is it?”

“2012, has a V6 engine.” He said smiling as the two looked at the car.

“We’ll see you later David.” The girls from his group of friends grinned and got into a black chevy malibu.

“Mmmm not bad. This is the manual right? Did Ford come out with an automatic?” Tyler asked as she walked to the front.

“Nah, manual is the way to go-” David said shaking his head.

“Gets you more power and control. Makes you one with the car.” Tyler said and David stared at her. She laughed and he chuckled. “Hi, I’m Tyler.” She stuck her hand out for him to shake.

“David.” The boy said smiling and giving her hand a firm shake.

“So, we hate to interrupt this but...” One the boy's friends smirked letting David know that it was time to go.

“Well it was nice meeting you Tyler. Maybe we’ll see each other around sometime.” David said walking towards the drivers side. His two friends pile in one grabbing the shot gun seat.

“You too.” She said waving as he tried to start the car. It puttered and stopped.

“Um David.” She turned to go but stopped when she didn’t hear him pulling away. Mentally grinning she looked back at him. He got out and popped the hood. His friends joined him but looked totally confused. She walked towards them a bit almost curious.

“Dude, I have no idea.” David’s blond friend said shaking his locks.

“I’m no mechanic.” The asian said that had grabbed shotgun.

“I might be able to help.” She said quietly but just loud enough for them to hear.

“Look sweetheart, it’s great that you think you can help but this isn’t a romance novel. You probably don’t know how to jump a car so pretending that you know about cars isn’t going to make David like you.” Blondie said.

“Look sweetheart,” Tyler sassed back. “It looks like you don’t know how to fix your car. All I want in return is free transportation. My bet is that I can fix it.” She smirked. Good thing I'm not a normal girl.

“Fine. Fix it.” David said frowning an crossing his arms. Tyler walked over and pushed through asian and blondie with a little side smirk. Leaning over the fender she inspected the inside. Then she whistled.

“What?” Asian asked.

“When was the last time you were under the hood?” She asked David. “You’ve got buildup and I can tell from outside your engine isn’t running well. But the good news is I found your problem.” She connected the starter and reconfigured a few wires.

“So you fixed it?” David asked incredulous.

“No, I just left it there.” Tyler said dryly. “Of course I fixed it. Get in and start her up.” David opened the door and turned the key in the ignition. The engine started and Tyler smiled.

“Hey give me a second then we can leave.” Tyler chuckled and pulled out her phone. Quickly she called Sam. “Sam I got a ride. Do you have a cafe you can meet me at?”

“Umm yeah. But aren’t you coming to Caleb’s house?” He asked her.

“No, neither are you. Just follow him. Make sure you don’t actually talk to him yet. I want to be there.” She said leaving no room for questions.

“Alright. So how about you call us when you find a cafe?” Sam said.

“Fair enough. Call me when you find it.” Tyler said and barely heard Sam’s muffled assent before the phone was away from her ear and the call had been ended.

“So where are we taking you?” David asked as the three boys leaned against the hood of David’s car.

“Hmmm is there a good cafe in town?” She asked.

“Yeah, I know one.” David said. Tyler smiled and walked to the shot gun seat.

“Great.” She smiled and jumped in. The asian and the blond grumbled but sat in the back. David pulled out of the school parking lot and started driving towards the center of town.

“Did you guys hear the nonsense that Caleb kid was spouting today?” The asian grinned and chuckled. Tyler’s ears perked up but she just stared out the window.

“Caleb who?” David asked absentmindedly.

“Alfredo or something.” Asian said again. Tyler almost rolled her eyes. “Some kid found dried blood on him. The kid said Alfredo’s eyes flashed black and told him that it was from a fight. But the nerd doesn’t fight.” Now he was laughing.

“Black?” Tyler spoke up and knew she was right about this kid.

“Yeah, the kid that saw it said it was the creepiest trick of the light he’d ever seen.” Asian said again. The boys began to laugh and David grinned, chuckling but paying attention to the road. But barely a minute later he pulled over to the curb.

“So the cafe is right up the street. But if I get any closer I can’t get to the curb so if you’re ok with walking we’ll let you off here.” David said sending a genuine smile Tyler’s way.

“Yeah, this’ll be fine. Thanks.” She said getting out and closing the door. David rolled his window down as blondie moved up to shot gun.

“Hey thanks for fixing it.” David said. “I’ll see you around?” This time it sounded more like a question.

“Maybe.” Tyler said and grinned. David flushed a bit before pulling away as Tyler waved. I’m so glad boys are such idiots now a days.