Letters//Moving On

One year later  
                Tris's POV
       The feeling of someone running their fingertips up and down my arm wakes me. I turn over onto my side to see Conner. He smiles at me. "Morning," he says.
    "Morning," I reply. He leans in and kisses me. My hands travel up the back of his neck and into his short black hair, while his rest on my waist. I lay down, pulling him down with me.
     "I love you," he says. I give him a small smile and look away. "You don't have to say it back. I just thought I'd tell you." Over the year, I've gained trust issues for good reasons. I know that when you say I love you, you let that person in entirely.
      "I'm almost there," I tell him. He nods and kisses me again.
      ××××××××××
       "Someone looks tired," Tori says when I walk into work. I roll my eyes and go over to my station to set up. She walks over and sits down in the chair. "I haven't told you this yet, but I'm happy for you."
    "Why are you happy for me? I haven't done anything," I ask her. She laughs a little and looks at her hands.
    "Can I bring up a rough subject?" I nod. "I seen how you were when going through the divorce. You were a wreck cause it seems that no matter what he did to you, you still loved him. And maybe you still do, but I'm happy that your starting to move on. And Conner is a really good guy; he's good for you."
     "Do you known where Tobias is? I've been scared to ask, cause I'm scared that you guys bare going to tell me he jumped into the chasm. Its been a year, I want someone to tell me where he is and if he's okay."
     She sighs and stands up. She goes over to her station and goes through one of her ink jours. She takes out a pile of letters and hands them to me. There are sent from Amity by Tobias to me. He's been sending these for a year.
    "Wh-"
    "Letters, none of us have read them. He went to Amity after the divorce was settled and went to some place that helps with anger," she tells me. I look back down at the letters.
   "Why didn't you give me these when he first started sending them?" I ask.
    "Cause I didn't want to give you something that would set you back from moving on. I think that now is a good time. Christina is the one they're mailed to, she gave them to me."
    The door opens and someone walks in. I gesture her over.
    ×××××××××
     I sit on the couch and take the letters out of my bag. I'm still debating whether to read them or burn them. But he's sent these for a reason.  
      Dear Tris,
    You probably don't want to read thia cause you can't stand me and want me dead. But if you can't tell already, I'm no longer around Dauntless. No, I didn't go my mother. I'm in Amity to help with my anger.
    I understand why you left and don't blame you for it. It was my own fault. I'm not going to say that what I did wasn't who I am, cause maybe it is, that's why I'm here
     I love you even if you don't feel the same anymore. I'm sorry for what I've done to do and I know that I can never take it back.
    Love you always, Tobias Eaton.

Dear Tris,
     Again, you probably don't want to read this and your thinking about burning them. I'm not sure what kind of take the divorce has taken on you, but I hope that you can move on...move on from me.
     I'm getting better and I'm not sure saying that. I'm not wanting to kill all the Laughy-Taphy Amity folk anymore and that's saying a lot.
     I just want you to find love again, to be happy and in love. It pains me to say that cause it'll be with someone other than myself, but you deserve it.
    Love you, Tobias.
×××××××××××
     By the end of the night I've finished all of them. I look down at my chest and see my neck lace that instead of having a little charm, has my wedding rings. I still love him and I'm crazy for that.
      The door opens and Conner walks in. I frantically start piling the letters back up and hold them in my hands. "What's that?" He asks. I shrug.
    "Just some things Christina wanted me to look over for her wedding," I answer. He nods and leans down and kisses me.
    "I'm gonna go take a shower. I love you," he tells me.
    "I love you too," I find myself saying. He smiles and walks off.

An: I'm fourtris all the waybut I had to have her find happiness again. And I really like Conner. Comment. Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah

Conner: 😍😍😍😍