Unexpected

Three years later
                               Tris's POV
      I finally get Jax to go to sleep and walk to the kitchen to start dinner. I love being a mother, but let me tell you that that little boy is crazy and reckless. He looks like Tobias, but has my eyes. I sometimes feel bad that he has some of my looks, but there's nothing I can really do about that. But he's one he and some looking kid; just like his daddy.
         Tobias and I have never been better. Max offered him a position in leadership again about a year ago and this time took it. Part of me didn't agree with his decision, because I knew that he would have to be at work a lot, but I want Tobias to be happy and if being a Dauntless leader does what it takes then so be it.
      Christina is pregnant with Will's baby, but they are no longer together and haven't been for a good ten months now. My guess is that they hooked up a few months after and had a slip. Mar, Shauna, and I all think that they'll get back together eventually.
      Uriah and Mar have a beautiful little girl who looks like like her mommy and Zeke and Shauna are engaged. The past three years have been great to us, but there has also been complications.
     Tobias and I starting trying for another baby two months ago and I haven't gotten pregnant. He's gone to the doctor to see if everything is okay, which it is, and so have I.  They didn't find anything that would stop me from getting pregnant. Tobias still had hope that I'll get pregnant some time soon, but I'm just tired.
    Tired of having this false hope. Tired having to act as if I'm happy when deep down I want to throw myself off the chasm because I might never have another baby with my husband. I'm tired of everything.
      Tobias is constantly asking what's wrong, I only tell him what I know what send him over the edge. He's sometimes stressed due to work, but sometimes isn't. I don't want to put any added stress on his back to carry. Plus, I know that somehow he'll find a way to blame himself for this.
       A loud knock comes from the door, parting me from my thoughts. Thinking it's Chris asking for some Ginger Ale, I answer without asking thinking. Standing before me is a jet-black haired woman. She's tall with electric blue eyes and pale skin. She's beautiful. She's in Amity attire, letting me know that she's not from here.
     "Hello?" I say as if it's a question. She gives me a nervous, but gentle smile. Standing behind her is a little boy that might be the same age as Jax. He's standing behind her, fiddling with the ends of his mothers red dress. "Can I help you with something?" I ask. She looks down at the little boy then at me.
     "Do you know a man named Four?" She asks. My heart stops. It's obvious that she knows him, but they couldn't of been close if she only knows his nickname.
      "That's my husband," I answer as simply as I can. She looks at me in shock.
     "Oh well isn't that lovely," she says. I raise my brows and cross my arms. "However, that makes this all that much harder. Is he by any chance home?" She says. I can tell she's nice and has good intentions of being here, not only because of her being Amity, but the way she's acting. However, I need to keep an eye out still.
      "He'll be home any time now. May I ask why?" I look back down at the  little boy. His eyes meet mine. Those eyes, dark blue. The same dark blue Tobias has. Oh God no.
       "There's something he needs to know. That you need to know."
      Xxxxxxxxxxx
            Jax and the little boy play on the ground together with toy trucks as they make engine noises with their mouths. The woman and I look awkwardly at each other everyone and then, then back at our sons. My anxiety grows stronger as I look at the both of them next to each other. They look alike, but also different.
     The door opens and Tobias comes in. The woman and I look over at him. He sees her and looks confused. "I didn't know you were having company over," he says when he walks to me and kisses my temple. What the honest hell?
      "Four," I say, getting his full attention. "She's here to see you, not me." Now he looks even more confused. He sits down next to me then looks at the boys.
     "Do you remember from when you were at Amity?" She asks. He shake his head after thinking about it. He doesn't seem at all nervous about this little meeting.
     "I remember certain things about my time there, but your not one of them. Were you in the program with me?" He says. She shakes her head, looking down at her son.
     "No, I wasn't," she says. "Oh gosh this is extremely awkward, but it must be said now. One of nights you were there, maybe a night or two before you left, we met a bar. You went out with Kole, my older brother who was in the program with you and you guys had a few too many. I don't remember much from that night myself,  but I do know that three weeks after you left I found out I was pregnant."
       My heart stops and it's hard to breath. I can feel my eyes begin to water, but I blink back the tears that try and form. Looking down at the little boy, I can now see the incredible resemblance between Tobias and the little boy.
      "I don't even know your name, I think at least I would know that if I supposedly slept with you," Tobias says, looking at me. I take a deep breath.
     "My names Veronica, and we were both drunk. That mistake we both made, made that little boy right there," she says. Tobias looks at the boys and closes his eyes. I don't know what to do. I want to slap him, but this isn't something I should be mad about. We were divorced, he had the right to do what he wanted with whoever he wanted and he didn't know about this. If this was different, he would be dead by now.
        "How do you know he's mine?" He asks, haw clenching.
     "You were last person I had sex with before I found out I was pregnant. And my ex boyfriend and I hadn't had sex in months before that. And he looks like you," she tell him. Tobias takes a deep breath before looking at me. I just look away, not sure what to do still.
      "You can't deny the looks, Four," I find myself saying. "Look at him, he looks just like you. You can get a DNA test done if you want, but there's no denying the looks," I say.
     "Why are telling me this three years after he's been born? Why didn't you try and get ahold of me as soon as you found out you were pregnant?"
     "Cause I was scared and didn't want to believe the truth until it was too late. And as for why I'm telling you now, is cause I'm sick. Cancer to be exact. I have to go through chemo and have close to no family. He needs someone through this and incase I die," she replies. My heart breaks for her, I also hate her now cause she's been in a sexual way and has a child that is his.
       "So your asking us to take him in as our own?" I ask. She sighs.
     "Yes, but that's only until I'm better. If I don't make it through this, you guys can get full custody of him. But if I make it, I take him back. If you don't want this, which I would understand, he could go to my brother; I just wanted him to get a chance to know his father."
     I stand up and rush to the bedroom.the last thing I want is to be mad at him since he didn't know, but I feel betrayed. How could he have wrote me those letters, which held so much feelings, and yet slept with another woman. I know he was drunk, but why drink in the first place to the point of being shit faced?

AN: Updates will still be very low. I have my moms phone right now so I can update. Here's a long chapter for you guys. Comment what you think!! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Vaeh