Mommy?

Tris's POV
      Its the middle of the night and I still haven't bee abel to sleep. Guilt is eating me alive right now. I feel bad that I can't give Tobias something I know he needs. He might say that he can wait, but I know it'll be hard. One of our best working stress relievers is sex and now we have lost that outlet.
    I slip out of Tobias's arms and make my way into the living room, trying to be quiet. "Twis?" A soft voice says. I turn around and see Damion. "Why you wake?" He ask.
    "I could be asking you the same thing little mister. You look sad, what's wrong?" I ask him. I pick him up ad set him on my lap as I sit down on the couch.
    "Mommy," he says. I look down, knowing what he means. Tomorrow we have to bring him to visit Veronica. We've done that once before and it was heartbreaking.
   "Are you nervous?" I ask. He shrugs. "Scared?" His eyes meet mine as he nods. I run my hand up and down his back.
    "I no want to see her," he says, shocking me. He sounds so certain of it.    
    "Listen, tomorrow when we go see her, we can leave whenever you want," I say. He nods, his face sad looking. "Come on. I'll lay down with you in your bed  until you fall asleep." He nods lazily and stands, his hand in mine.
    I tell him to get in lay Jax's bed. I get in with them and throw my arm over their small bodies. Darkness takes over.
     ××××××××××
      I wake to someone running their fingers through my hair. I look up and see Tobias. He gives me a warm, loving smile. What did I ever do to get someone as amazing as him.
    "Come on," he says, taking my hand. I get up, my legs hurting. "Why weren't you in bed?" He asks. I shrug, getting water. "Tris, please don't make this hard."
    "I felt too guilty about what happened last night that I couldn't sleep," I admit. His shoulders slump. "I was hoping I'd wake before you and get in bed before you woke."
     "Tris, you know you can talk to me," he says. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. "Should we wake them to get Damion ready?"
    I look back into the room. "No, let him sleep a few more minutes. Last night he told me he doesn't want to see her, and if he still doesn't, he doesn't have to," I say. Tobias sighs.
    "And what do we do then?"
    "We can go beck on her. Have Chris or my parents watch them while we go," I tell him. My back hurts from sleeping in that bed. He nods and hands me coffee.
   "Okay," he says. "Are we okay? I don't want you becoming distant from me because of this whole thing," he says. I take his hand.
    "We're good. I love you," I say. He kisses my forehead and walks go the room. The sound of people coming in makes me turn my attention to the boy's room. Jax and Damion stand there in the door way. "You guys want cereal?" I ask. They both nod and come to sit down.
    I stand and get them their breakfast. "Do you want to go see your mom today?" I ask Damion. We try not yo mention it around Jax, but I have to know. He shakes his head. "Are you sure?" I ask.
    "I no want go see her," he says. I nod and hand them spoons. Tobias walks out of the room ready for the day.
    "You wanna get ready to go see your mom?" He asks him. Damion looks up at me with sad, scared eyes.
   "He doesn't want to go still," I tell him. He looks at his son then back at me.
    "Call your parents and ask if they can watch them for a little bit," he says. I nod and go to the room. I get my phone off the night stand dial the my parents home number. I have to call twice before they answer.
    "Who is speaking?" My moms voice asks. 
    "Tris," I say.
    "Oh, hi sweety. Why are you calling so early?" She asks.
    "I was wondering if you and dad could watch Jax and Damion while Tobias and I go see his mom to see how she's doing. Damion doesn't want to see her. We can drop them off at your place if that works better," I say.
    "Of course we will."
     ××××××××××
       Tobias and I walk the hall of the Amity Hospital. No one looks as happy as they are trying to act. We get to the front desk. The lady looks up at us. "We're here visit Veronica Martinez," he says.
    "She's in room 202," she tells is. Tobias takes my hand and we go fond the room. He knocks lightly on the door to her room before opening it. She looks over at us with a smile, it fades when she doesn't see Damion.
      "He didn't want to come," I say. She looks down at her hands.
     "We came to check up on you," he says.
    "I get to leave in three weeks, then this will all just be in the last for you guys. Damion can come back home with me and you guys can forget this ever happened," she says. Tobias looks at me. He knows what I'm thinking even thought it can't happen.
     "I have to keep seeing him every now and then," he says. She nods. "We'll tell him your doing good."
     I walk towards the door. She grabs my arm. "Remember who's son he really is," she tells me through clenched teeth. I glare at her.

    AN: I don't know. Comment. Share. Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah