Like Father Like Son

Tris's POV
      Jax fell asleep on the way back home while Tobias carried him. He walks into the boy's room and goes to Kay him down. I stay in the living room with Damion. His back is facing me so I can see the odd marks on his skin.
     "Come with me, I washed your clothes but their in the room," I tell him. Every since he got here he won't go anywhere without an explanation. To my surprise he takes my hand and let's me lead him into the room.
     "I'll get you a shirt," I tell him. He sits down on the bed and nods slowly. I hand it to him once I have it. "Do you know what those marks are?" I ask, touching his back lightly. He jumps off the bed, away from me.
    I kneel down in front of him so I'm his height. "Do-don't," he says in a whisper. I get up and lock the door.
    "Can you tell what they are?" I ask him. He shakes his head violently. "Why not?"
    "Uncle Jweff said I can't," he says, pronouncing Jeff wrong. My eyes narrow and I offer my hand to him. He takes it and let's me carry him to chair in the corner the room. We put it there so I could feed Jax when he was first born. I hold Damion on my lap and rock back and forth gently.
    "Honey, you can tell me, I won't tell anyone, okay?" I tell him. His eyes lock with mine. "Will you tell me what happens to you?"
     Instead of telling me, he takes my arm and runs his fingernails along my skin gently so it doesn't hurt. "Scratch," he says. I look at his actions again.
    "Can you show how hard he would scratch you?" I ask. His nails dig deep into my flesh, making me wince. I hold his hand still and look into his eyes. "He would scratch you?" I ask for conformation. He nods his small head. "Did you ever bleed?" I ask.
    "Ywes," he answers. "It hurt rweally bad," he says. I run my hand through his short hair.
    "Did he do this a lot?" Again, he nods. He was abused. "Would you be okay with me telling daddy this?" I ask. He shakes his head violently.
     "No," he says, his hand shaking in mine.
     "He won't hurt you, he loves you and wants to keep you safe from things like that. If you told him, it would help you," I tell him. He may be young, but he's very smart.
     "Okay," he mumbles. I kiss his forehead and stand up, still holding his hand and make my way to the living room. Tobias turns and looks at us from the island. "You guys okay?" He asks, his eyes going from me to his son.
      "He has something he wants to tell you," I say. Damion looks up at me with sacred eyes. "Its okay," I tell him and pick him up. Tobias looks at us with a confused expression. "Can you take off your shirt to show him?"
    He removes his shirt slowly when I set him on his feet. Tobias kneels down, still so much taller than him. I turn Damion around so his back is to Tobias. His eyes meet mine when he sees the marks.
     "How did this happen?" He demands, too aggressively. Damion jumps away and hides behind me. I pick him up and he hugs me tightly, head nuzzled in the crook of my neck.
     "His uncle," I tell him. Damion straightens up and looks at Tobias. I take Tobias's arm and lift it so He can do what he did to me. Damion scratches his arm gently at first, then goes little harder.
    "He would scratch you?" Tobias asks. He nods in answer. Jax comes out looking tired from just waking up. I set Damion down and let hon go over to his brother.
     I try taking Tobias's hand in mine, but he moves his away before I can. "I don't think you want to touch me right now. I'm scared I'll hurt you. I'm so fucking mad right  now. That son of a bitch has hurt my son. Abused him," he says in a whisper so the kids can't hear. I take his hand against his wishes and squeeze it.
     "Listen to me. He's okay now. He's safe with us, away from his uncle that did this to him," I tell him. He takes deep breaths, his muscular chest rising and falling rapidly with anger. I capture his lips with mine, holding his face in place. "Calm down," I tell him in a stern voice.
     "Fine. But you better hope to God that I never see that bastard​, cause I do. He's dead."

AN: I'm mean, I know hehehe. I'm in NO WAY! supporting child abuse or any type of abuse. Please comment your thoughts! Share! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪         -Veah