Your So Damn Lucky

Tobias's POV
    After Tris fell asleep last night I did as well long after. The thought of him touching her again makes my blood boil with anger.
    Tris has her arms wrapped around me tightly as if I'm going to leave her. Usually this position is the other way around. Her hair is out of her face already, but that doesn't stop me from playing with it. Her long lashes flutter.
    "Tris, wake up," I say, shaking her shoulder gently. She mumbles something I can't understand. "Baby." She stirs as she slowly wakes up. Her eyes look around before they meet mine; they're still slightly red from crying last night.
     "Your doctors appointment is in half an hour," I tell her. She groans as she sits up. "I'll get your clothes," I tell her. She nods and let's me pick something out.
    Stands up and takes the clothes from me and goes into the bathroom to get ready. She comes out a few minutes later and starts putting her shoes on.
   "I'm gonna get ready then we can go," I tell her. She nod, looking up at me for a slip second.
     ×××××××××××
      Tris is squeezing my hand tightly as she sits on the examination table. The door opens and the doctor comes in that she had when she was pregnant before. He gives us an uncomfortable smile.
     "Are you just here for a check up, or did you need something specific?" He asks as he sits down on his stool.
   "I need an ultrasound. I'm pregnant and something happened that could have caused something bad to happen. I need to know if everything is okay," she tells him.
    He nods and writes something down on his clip board before standing and getting the things he needs. Tris lifts up her shirt so her stomach is exposed. He puts the jell stuff in her stomach and rubs it around with the tool and looks at screen.
     "Everything seems to be looking great," he says. "All except for the lining of the womb. Promise me you'll be careful. Only kick someone's ass if necessary. You have a Dauntless prodigy husband to defend you," he tells her.
     "I know," she says, looking over at me and squeezing my hand. I give her a small smile. He hands her a rag to wipe the jell off.
    "Thank you," she says. He nods once, shakes my hand and leaves. Tris sits up and places her hands on her stomach with a smile. I rest my hand on hers.
      "She's safe baby," I tell her. She chuckles.
    "She?" I shrug.
    "I have a feeling. And...husband?" I ask with a smile. Her cheeks flush.
     "I didn't say it, he did," she says.
    "You didn't go against it. Would you want to do that again? Get remarried?" Her eyes scam the room.
    "Yeah, I would."
  ×××××××××××
         As we walk back home Zeke and Will wave Tris and I over. We walk over and see that everyone else is with them; including Al. Tris squeezes my hand almost painfully tight. His eyes roam over her body like he's going to lunge at her. 
     "Al, can I talk to you in private?" I ask. He tenses but nods. We walk far down the hall. I walk behind him and slam his head to the wall. "Get up," I demand when he falls. He tries but I kick him back down. 
    "What the fuck man!" He says loudly.
    "Don't what the fuck me. Your so damn lucky I'm not going to kill you. You touched my wife again," I snarl at him. He brings himself back up to his feet.
    "She deserves better than you. You can't love her the way she needs to be loved. I didn't even really like Conner that much, but he was better for her than you ever will be," he says. I knee him hard in the stomach, making him double over in pain.
    "If you every lay another hand on her, hell of you every look at her again, I will kill you and make sure you feel everything torturous thing I do to you," I say through clenches teeth.
   He wipes blood from his nose. "Is she better when she's not struggling to get away. I still have the scratch marks on my chest and arms." I punch him in the side of his head, and make him fall. I get above him and punch him until I know he's unconscious. I check his pulse to make sure he's still breathing.
     I walk back over to the others and take Tris's hand. "We should get going so we can make dinner."

AN: Like nothing just happened. Comment! Should their baby be a girl or boy (NO TWINS). Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Veah