Chapter Three

Waking up with that same white ceiling, my heart clenched.

A hand squeezed mine comfortingly and I look to my right to see mom with a sad smile. Her eyes are bloodshot as if she has been crying.

"What happened?" I asked in hoarse voice as she handed me a glass of water.

"Your dad is calling the marriage off" for once in my life, I agreed with dad's decision.

The door burst open as mom immdiately stand in front of me. "She's not going with you!" She screamed at whoever that is as my head pounded.

"She is coming with us. You signed the deal! You have no say in this" Zach's baritone voice snapped back at her as I bury NY head in my pillow. Can someone please stop them? My head is aching.

"She's my daughter! I have every rights to her"

"Since when did you treat her one?" He fired that shut my mom completely. "I'm not your enemy here, Helen. We both know we only want what's best for her" he stated soothingly as mom shook in her spot.

"Can you guys argue outside? You're killing me" I groaned in the pillow before a hitch of breath reached my ears.

"Lex..." Zach said softly but I growled his way.

"You should leave, Zach. It's obvious she doesn't want you anywhere near her" my mom's confident voice spoke up that I nearly applauded her.

"No. I won't do that again. She needs me and I'll stay with her" he said in such finality that nearly made me growl at him if only my stomach didn't beat me to it.

"Someone's hungry" mom said in a sing-song voice that nearly made me laugh if I'm not so embarrassed.

"I'll go take some food. It's in the car. Zach, make yourself useful and guard her. But please don't talk to her and worsen her condition" mom ordered and I can almost feel Zach rolling his eyes.

The door closed which making me feel uneasy. I don't want to be alone with Zac h.

I hear the chair beside me scrape as he sat down. I involuntarily squirmed with the closeness of him. My body reacting to him the same way it did like something hurtful didn't happen.