Chapter Twelve

*Zach's POV*

    The following morning, I woke up as early as ever, wanting to cook for her. Dad called last night that he won't be able to go to the company because of a migraine he's sporting after taking over the company for a day or so without me.

    Remembering how Lex moves and her stance while cooking, I tried it myself. The first try is quite...unshaped but thankfully, the second one became perfect. Sighing in relief, I made another two before preparing her a lukewarm fresh milk and a bowl of chicken soup.

    Looking at the time, it's already 6:30. Taking the white apron from my body and hanging it neatly in the rack, I headed to my room to have some shower.

    Getting inside, I remember her sleeping next to me with my hands drape around her slender waist. The memory brought a sad smile to my face, I miss her. I just wish everything could be different. I just wish I could just killed my grandfather at his evilness, but that'll only resort war to our relatives in Europe. Dad will also be my enemy so I have to think this through before I make a move against them.

    In just exactly five minutes, I'm already out and into the closet. Grabbing a pair of black suit with a white dresshirt underneath, now I'm gonna have a problem with this fucking tie. I know I'm a businessman and all but I still don't know why I can't tie my tie on myself. And now that Mrs. Poppins is not here...I really have no choice.

    Scurrying through my drawers for a tie that is easy to use, I found none. Where the hell?

    Not really having a choice, I just slung a random tie I got as I make my way downstairs. I grabbed a plate with a spoon and fork and neatly placed them on the table along with a table napkin.

    I heard Lex's soft and slow footsteps before she appeared in the kitchen.

    "Good morning" I greeted her and she looked at me confusingly while rubbing her eyes sleepily which is so adorable...I could just kiss her fully awake if I was just given a chance. Unfortunately for me, I'm fucked up.

    "Are you going out?" She groaned as she sat on the stool. Looking down at the table, she noticed it's just one plate that is served and she looked ay me in puzzlement.

    Looking away from her, I wasn't able to look her in the eye anymore. She doesn't have that glow anymore and it's so hard on me to even dare her an eye contact. It's all my fault.

    "I'm going to the company. Dad is having a migraine, you can if you...want?" I offered hesitantly, my heart pounding in suspense, still hoping that somehow she'll say yes.

    She shook her head and I slumped down in disappointment. Stop it Zach! You should get use to it remember? Ready yourself when she leaves?

    I pick my shoulders up again. "K...just call when you need anything" I said as I picked the egg sandwich which is filled with my fail egg that I cooked earlier.

    She eyed the sandwich before her eyes snapped to mine but I looked away as I slip away.

    "Wait!" I froze in my spot. Her voice coming out stronger today that somehow brought relief in me. My body shuddered when I felt her getting close to me.

    She stand in front of me and took the tie as she started doing her work in it. I was shocked, my body completely still as I even hold my breath. Her hand is gentle, gracefully fluid as she tie up my tie expertly. My eyes looked at her. Her eyes that always froze me in my spot is covered with long curvy lashes, her nose is beautifully pointed, not crooked, not too sharp. Her cheeks looks so kissable that I clenched my fists to stop myself from pulling her to me. To just pour out my feelings towards her, to just tell her why I did that and just tell her about the danger she's in. But I can't, she doesn't deserve me. She deserves someone else. No matter how I love her with all I am, I just can't be with her. Grandpa just love to destroy our chance of real happiness. We are cursed, and it's better that she won't be completely tied with me, because if she does; history will just repeat itself. But now, I'm determined to end this line completely.

    The Harrison's are all twisted and ruthless people, I won't deny that anymore. I'll end this bloodline, and when I do; no girls will have to endure getting hurt anymore.

    Looking at her one more time, my other side engraining the image of his female in our soul, memorizing. This can be our last peaceful moment, but everything that is in my mind right now, is when she will be my wife with everything OK, doing my tie for me while teasing me how lame I am as a businessman who can't tie his own tie.