Chapter Twenty

*Alexandrielle's POV*

    "No! Please, no!"

    Cries of help and anguished screams filled my ear as smoke dances in the air with blood staining the now black earth.

    I heard heavy breathings, so hard yet I don't know if it's mine or someone else's.

    My vision dances in a flash. One moment I'm chasing someone, the next, a burst of blood before back to chasing again.

    My heart beating in fear inside my chest, from what really? It feels like chaos, like a war. There are so many death in one's hand and I don't know what my role in this scene is. All I know is that I don't want to be here.

    Painful cries reached my ears and my vision flashed towards it. I don't feel as if I'm in control of my body at this moment, it feels as if I'm just in the back of my mind; watching as if in cinema. Except, I don't want to watch this.

    Blood curdling scream echoed through the whole place and I opened my eyes to see my hands ripping a girl's throat. I screamed so loud, my voice echoing around the darkness I'm in. It taunts me, haunted me. Looking back at my bloodied hands, it is now colored in that red haunting liquid that sent terror up my spine. Suddenly, someone grabbed them firmly and I thrashed.

    "Lex! Lex wake up! Lex"

    I continued to scream and thrash at whoever it is that is holding me.

    "ALEXANDRIELLE!!"

    Suddenly, my eyes flew open to see Zach's worried face. My heart beat speed up when all I can see is red, like an infrared camera only it is not black and white that I see, it is bloody red.

    Gasping for air, my lungs constricted as I feel my eyes dilate. Struggling in Zach's hold again, sweat drenching my body as everywhere I look, I see torned limbs, heads of different people, and blood.

    Suddenly, an unnerving feeling of bloodlust consumed me and I growled in somewhat seems like animalistic.

    "Blood" the voice came out from my mouth sounds like the devil himself, dark, viscous...dangerous.

    "No, Lex. No blood" said Zach as he stare up me in my eyes in something a keen to knowing and nervousness.

    "Blood" came that voice again as I look everywhere, feeling the thirst of blood all of a sudden. My throat constricting with the need to clench this thirst, Zach's pulse in his arm look so inviting. What does it feel to just have one taste...NO! Alexandrielle what is happening to you?

    "Lex, look at me. Look at me!" Zach's autoritive voice demanded me that have my body completely surrendered to him.

    "No blood, Lex. I repeat, NO BLOOD. There's no blood and you won't have it, do you hear me?" He said dangerously as his dominant side makes his self known. The hands that he had rested on my shoulders is firm with the meaning to listen to his command.

    My breathing is shallow as I try to calm myself. His hands slowly but gently massaged my shoulders as the tension in them slowly seeps out. My sight became normal as the bloodthirst I felt disappeared like it didn't even happen.

    "Are you OK now?" He asked softly while I just nodded. My heart still beating so loud and fast in my chest that even makes it hard for me to breathe properly.

    "I'm going to get you some water. Change while I'm gone, OK?" He asked gently but suddenly, the thought of being alone terrifies me.

    As soon as he stand up, I grabbed his wrist. "Don't leave me alone, please" I pleaded, my voice hoarse to the point where it seems as if I'm going to cry. His eyes soften with the look of understanding and a tinge of joy.

    Sitting back down on the bed, he placed a lasting kiss on my forehead.

    "Never"