Chapter Seventy-Four

Date Written: November 17, 2017

************************************************************

*Zach's POV*

    Heart stopping before speeding; pounding like a mad man trying to break off a barrier that keeps holding it back. I can't breathe. I can't think. All that's swimming in my mind is Fernando's words.

    I suddenly have this urge to cry, to scream and hurt myself. I want to claw my face out, tear my hair away, scratch my skin, and probably break my head apart.

    My darkness had turned into something else. Instead of sinister voice seducing me into killing, drink from the throat of life; it was now replaced with remorse, utter unending guilt to the point where my body itches to hurt itself.

    The darkness surrounded me, whispering how I failed to save her, how much of a disappointment I am; never once did I cause anything right.

    "Impossible..." I hear my dad mutter in disbelief as all eyes are on me.

    My dark side is pawing at the ground, wanting to release some darkness and join his female but I held back. There's no way she could turn faster than me. There has to be some mistake...there has to be!

    "Anto--you--her-here--she's gone--can't--hold--any longer!"

    My body immediately switched to auto pilot when I heard a terrified scream in the background along with the roar of something animalistic that has the others shivering in fright.

    My legs carried me out of the cabin, bursting through the door as my feet touched the damp grass on the porch. Snowflakes are starting to descend down the earth, giving way to the first night of winter.

    I haven't realized it's already winter. My mind had been so preoccupied lately that has me losing my track on time.

    I didn't bother appreciate the first night of winter as my legs carry me away from the cabin and into the deepness of the dark forest. Tiny bits of snowflakes flickered here and there, none touched me with the speed I'm in. The sound of the others calling out to me from a few miles passed on deaf ears as my vision lighted like seeing through high-definition infra red camera. It's too clear that I noticed everything around me.

    Goosebumps prickled my skin the moment I stepped into an area of the forest that gives me the feeling of deja vu.

    The air became even chillier like the temperature dropped a hundred degrees. Normally I would have goosebumps because of the cold but somehow, I became immune to it.

    My dark side resurfaced, facing the darkness of the night head on as it whispers its haunting voice towards us.

    Destroy

    Kill

    Chaos

    Its sinister voice filled my ear, making my mind spin in circles. Going here, going there...I seem to be losing it as it rattles around like a frantic animal.

    Clutching my head in my hands, I tried to drown out its annoying voice. My claws elongated as my breathing became heavier, air smokes coming out of my panting mouth as anger, rage and pain consumes me.

    It's driving me wild, the more I try to tighten my grasp in my mind, the more I'm pulled into the depths of darkness.

    Kill

    Shaking my head did nothing to get out the voice that's haunting me. My throat suddenly dried like a desert, so dry that it feels so painful to even move it. The cold wind invaded me like a storm trying to bring down a sicamore. Except, I cannot be bend. Never had and never will.

    Kill them Zach

    Shutting my eyes closed while clawing at my head, a surge of unyielding force suddenly invaded my body like a fire being lighted before slowly getting bigger where it consumes everything in its path. My almost dead heart suddenly exploded at the same time I let out a roar that echoed throughout the place.

    The night settled down. Its haunting voice silenced, its darkness leaving me, and its presence staying still.

    My eyes flashed bloody red as blood drips down from my head and to my shoulders. With claws out, I bared my fangs to the night; letting it know that I won't be provoked next time because even though it's just a spirit of the wild, I feel as if I could destroy it on my own.

    A gentler breeze blew past me as a small spirit of a boy walked past on my right with a slight touch to my hand.

    My body went rigid as I looked behind me to see no one, just the darkness of the night with the forest floor nearly covered in snow.

    Again, goosebumps appeared on my flesh but not in a disturbing way. It's as if my body is only acknowledging the other presence in the forest.

    Something wet dropped to my arm and it is only then did I realize it was my tear. But why am I crying?

    Chancing another glance behind me, I continued to run where my dark side is leading me...

    With a voice of a young boy calling out to me...

    "Go get mommy, dada."

************************************************************

    AN: Short I know but eh...at least I gave you guys a chocolate to chew on. Hehe...

    We're nearing the end! o_O

    I don't know if I should be excited or nervous since my mind's been low bat for days! Can someone recharge it for me? ^_^

    Anyways, take care wolfies--I mean, lovies...hehe ^_^

-MA_011