Chapter Five

Zach opened the door for me as I step out and in to the house where I don't want to reminisce whatever the fuck happened. Zach carried my bag himself as he informed me that all housekeepers are sent in a leave. Just the same when we are still together.

"Do you want something? I can grab some" he asked me as I just stood in the doorway; not knowing what to do.

Looking around, everything is the same. But it feels as if it's different somehow. Aaah...I know. The thing that is different is how I see this place. This is not the place that I am once amazed with. This is not the place that I made happy memories with the man I love. No...this is just the house that held such filthiness and rot. Filled with its master's sins and shame for betraying his betrothed. If any case, he should be whipped the way I was. He sinned, he betrayed, he tricked me...justice should be held. But what I want, is the whip in my hands, whipping his back and the bitch's as I dwell and take pleasure of their pain. The same pain they put me through, the same ugliness they have themselves.

"You can sit down on the couch?" He offered but I still stood the same. Finally moving myself, I headed upstairs to look for a room that is suitable enough for me with a good amount of distance from Zach.

Zach followed closely behind me and I can almost feel the guilt and remorse from him. But one good fact is, I DON'T CARE.

Opening doors, getting in and surveying around, touching layers before going out and going to the next room again.

Zach didn't dare step inside the room with me and stepped aside when I make a move to go out. Finally finding a room from the next wing of the mansion, the place is spacious; princess bedroom. The middle wall is actually a thick glass covered with beautiful peach pink color. On the right is a queen size bed with the same color. Fur duvets and pillows look so welcoming and I can already imagine myself feeling them. There is that same walk-in closet on the left side of the room along with the adjoining bathroom. The queen sized bed is accompanied with a bedside drawer, a royal desk mirror, and a mini bookshelf.

Near the mini bookshelf is a table with cushions same theme with the carpet. The room feels magical, somehow. Almost in fairytale. Something a keen to familiarity washed over me as if I feel like I've been here before. Walking to the glass wall and putting the curtains aside, I was greeted by the mansion's beautifully kept backyard along with the sight of the forest. It was breathtakingly beautiful as I can also see the sun set from this view.

"Lillian, when will you stop staring at that like a love-sick puppy?"

A voice resounded in my head and I shook it. Looking back, an image flashed in my mind before it disappeared as quickly as it came.

What's just that?