Chapter 12: Masquerade

June 5, 2011

Leila's Pov;

I'm busy in the kitchen making Master his lunch when I hear Taylor in the foyer. I turn down my music, dimming the voice of Brittany Spears down to a near mute. Curiously, I try my best to eavesdrop on his conversation. I can't tell who he's speaking with. It sounds like the voice of a woman. I finish making his sandwich just the way Master likes it when he appears in the kitchen. He looks frantic and upset. I wonder if it's because of the woman Taylor is speaking with. "Leila, put this on and get out of here. Go upstairs." He nearly growls at me, tossing me his button up. I don't question him, I just put the shirt on over my silk and lace nightgown. I run to the staircase and hide just out of sight from Christian. A woman approaches him from the foyer with Taylor at her side. "Christian, honey, I've missed you so much." She gives him a hug, careful not to touch his exposed chest. Why didn't he keep his shirt on? She can't see me from here, let alone what I'm wearing. "I've missed you too." He says, dryly. He pulls away from the hug. "Mother, why are you here?" That's his mother? I watch more intently, wanting to know more. "The masquerade is this weekend. I just wanted to make sure you would be there." She walks further into the room, closer to me, but I don't move. I want to see her more clearly. "Of course I'll be there." He assures her. She looks directly at me. It's too late to hide now. She's spotted me. "Good. Now, who's this?" She asks, her eyes darting up to me. Christian sighs. Master is angry. Angry with me. I come down from my hiding spot to greet her. "This is Leila." He introduces me, and his mother offers me her hand. We shake and she looks me up and down. "Nice to meet you." She looks to Christian, a mix of shock and curiosity on her face. "Why didn't you tell me you had a woman here?" She asks, a small smile on her face. She's never seen him with a girl before. He doesn't want his family to know about us. "I was getting to that." She rolls her eyes at his obvious lie. Then she looks back down to me. "She's absolutely beautiful." I smile at her. "You should come to the masquerade too as Christian's date, Leila." I gape at her, unsure what to say. "I'd love to come." I answer, my eyes locked on Christian. "I don't think that's the best idea." Christian says, but his mom ignores him. "Don't be silly. I'll see you both there." She winks at me, then hugs Christian one more time before Taylor leads her out.

June 6, 2011

In front of my vanity I put on makeup for the first time in months. Christian watches from my bed. "Use the plum colored lipstick. It'll go nicely with your dress." I follow his instruction and apply some of the darkly colored lipstick to my full lips. When I've finished I turn to face him. "You look beautiful. I'll go get your dress." I stand and wait for him in my sheer bra and panties. He returns and helps me into my dress. He slips red bottomed stilettos onto my feet. Then he puts jewelry on me. The outfit he's put me in must have cost more than all the money in my bank account, but it looks amazing. Too gorgeous for someone like me. "Do you like it?" Master asks, looking at me in my mirror. My heart shaped face and wide eyes are the only things I truly recognize about myself. The rest is too glamorous, nothing I've ever experienced. Even with all the shopping trips he's sent me on and expensive clothing he's bought I've never worn something this luxurious. The dark blue gown I'm wearing makes my body look amazing. I'm not good enough for him to be spending so much money on me. I'm not worthy. "I love it, thank you." I look down at my feet to avoid his eyes. "But?" He encourages me to go on. "But I don't believe I should have all of this. I'm not worthy of such a beautiful gown, Master." I break his rules. I didn't hide from his mother like I should have. He didn't want me as his date tonight. He was forced into it. "Listen to me, Leila. You are more than worthy." His eyes burn into mine, his face serious. "You look beautiful. Everyone will see that tonight." I take a deep breath, listening to his words. Then I take his hand and allow him to lead me outside and into the car.

The masquerade ball is magical. His family has really gone all out on it. I stand back most of the time, arm hooked with Christians. I don't speak unless he allows me to. I mostly just watch him interact with the others here. He's so charming. It's truly intriguing to watch the way he talks to people. His mask is solid black and it darkens his appearance. It suits him. He leads me to the table with his family when he's done interacting with the other guests. I sit by his side, arms folded in my lap, while the auction begins. His family is interested in me, but I'm hesitant to say much to them. Master doesn't want me to reveal much of anything to them, so I don't. When the auction is over he takes me out to the dance floor. I've never danced with him before. I think back to all the times I've danced around the apartment. He never joined me, not once. He only watched. He told me he likes to watch me dance, so I would whenever he wanted me to. It's strange to be dancing with him instead of alone. I've never been so close to him. I've never touched him in this way. I don't want it to end. He holds me in his arms, our bodies not even an inch away from each other, and we sway side to side. He spins me around and I giggle at the amused expression. He's enjoying himself. He then takes me in his arms and dips me down. I stare up at him, eyes locked on his. He's taken my breath away and he seems pleased to have caught me off guard this way. He brings me back up and turns me around, his front pressed to my back. His lips hover next to my ear, and I'm ablaze with desire. "You've been very well-behaved this evening. I'll be sure to reward you for that when we get back to Escala tonight." His promise sends a rush of heat through my core and I turn around to face him. His eyes look dark, sexy, but the smile on his face tells me he's happy.