Chapter 3

"Really?!!" Amna asked with the Face "I don't believe you."
"Yeah.. Yeah." I said while thinking about I said.
"Who?" She asked with confused look
"I don't know if he likes me back so I just don't want to talk about him just yet." I answered back.
"Do I know him.?"
I kept quite, not knowing what to answer. I just looked at her.
"Let's go if you don't want to talk about him. But I thought you would share everything with me." She said with disappointment in her voice
"Yeah.. sorry."
She just gave a slight smile and turned to leave, I was walking behind her.
"Alizeh bache, are you okay?" Shamsha aunty inquired
"Yes aunty, JazakAllah." I said with a fake smile on my face
I didn't see Shahveer anywhere near. I assumed he might be in his room. Everyone started joking and reviving the old time. I got to hear the same old stories of our parents.
As I was seated, going through my mobile I felt someone's presence behind me. I didn't looked up, thinking it may be one of my cousins.
"Hope you are okay.?" I heard his husky low voice behind me. I slightly turned to see him, smiling at me while his eyes were fixed at the family members.
"Yeah, thanks." I said while turning back to my
mobile
"So tell me more about Fatima." He said in his teasing voice, I could feel that smirk on his face. I chose not to answer.
"I think she would make a wonderful wife." I looked up from my mobile. Is he trying to make something out of it.?
"So? What do you want me to do?" I said irritated but kept my voice low
"Nothing, just informing you." With that he left the room, whistling.
I sighed and straightened myself when I saw Amna looking at me. I gave her a slight smile.
*************
Amna, Fatima,Anoushay planned on staying the night. We decided to watch movies but couldn't decide which one. Anoushay and Fatima being typical Bollywood fan while me and Amna tried changing their mind. But Failed.
After 3 heck of hours of watching Kabhi khushi khabi ghar, we decided to go to sleep.
"Alizeh?" I heard Amna whispering to me, she was lying next to me.
"Mhmm." I said as I was half asleep
"What was Shahveer saying to you earlier today.?"
"Nothing." I murmured
"I can't believe you are hiding things from me."
"Oho, Amna! I don't tell you things which aren't important."
"I thought we shared everything, at least I did."
"He was asking about Fatima."
"What about Fatima.?"
"I think he is interested in her." I gave in to her questions.
"And you thought it wasn't important.?"
"It doesn't matter to me though. I mean if he is then sent a proposal, why was he telling me?" I snorted
"She is your cousin, of course he is gonna ask you.?"
"She is cousin to all of us." I said with anger boiling inside me.
"Yeah, he is more comfortable talking to you then us. You guys used to be close, we never talked to him that much." She said " The only time we used to talk was when we had to take side, either of yours or his when you both used to argue."
"Like you said, WE WERE CLOSE, we are not anymore." I said with so many emotions bottled up inside me.
"What changed?" She asked with concern written all over her face
"We grew up. We were kids back then and I guess, you tend to grew apart when you grow up." I tried to come up with logical explanation.
"We didn't." She shot back her answer
"Well, that's because you didn't leave for Canada for 8 years." I explained
"That doesn't makes any difference, You must have stayed in contact with each other."
"Well, we didn't. So we grew apart, it's not like either one of us is regretting." I said while holding back my tears. "Besides, we weren't that close as everyone is indicating. We used to fight half of the time."
"At least you remember time spent with him."
I let out a huge sigh indicating that I was getting annoyed with this conversation.
"Did you guys talked? You know after he came."
"Just a little, nothing much." I said with my eyes closed.
"I don't think he is interested in Fatima, though." She said expecting an answer from me but I didn't responded, in fact pretended to be asleep.
After a while, I realized everyone was sound asleep. I couldn't find sleep after 'Our conversation' So I thought of taking a walk outside on the Terrace.I slowly got out of the bed and without making a noise, I went out on the Terrace. I thought I would be alone at this time but I had a company. I could only see his back, I smelt some unusual thing. It then hit me that he might be smoking. I decided to return back to my room when I heard him calling out my name. Great, just great.
"Yeah?" I asked
"Um, do you have a minute.?" He said while scratching back of his head and walking towards me.
I thought for a minute and shook my head. I turned to leave when I felt two mascular hands on my shoulders.
"Please." He pleaded, I could feel his breath
I stood there for a moment, adjusting to the fact that he is so close to me. I nodded so that he could leave me. He let go of me, I turned to face him. I tried hiding the fact that he has some effect on me.
"Fatima-" He started off while staring in my eyes "is a nice girl, I assume." For some odd reason I thought he was going to say something else.
"Yeah, look if you're interested in her, talk to your mom so she can talk to her parents." I said while holding back my breath. He was taken aback by my answer but he pulled himself together
"Do you think they would say yes?" He asked while looking down at his shoes.
"All I know is she wouldn't mind." I said with straight face
I could sense he was expecting another answer, he looked at me with disbelief. He took two steps backward and took a deep breath. He turned his back towards me and started to walk in opposite direction.
I looked at him with concern but I knew I can't console him so turned my back. After a moment or two, I left him behind and started walking towards my room.