Chapter 5

"Alizeh! We are leaving in five minutes." My mom practically screamed from downstairs
"I'm coming." I shouted back
It's been over a week since I spoke to Shahveer. We both have been ignoring each other ever since and in between that It was almost time for Amna's wedding.
Today is her last day with us. The feeling is quite overwhelming, everyone is quite emotional. Especially me, even though it's not my wedding but the thought of her leaving her family to start a new family gives me chill. I always used to wonder how could a girl leave her family for a stranger, only then I realized that she isn't left with any choice. She has to leave one day. On top of that, she needs to impress her in laws. She needs to prove that she's the ideal bahu, bhabi, Biwi. She has to sacrifice where ever needed. She need to compromise where ever needed. She need to adjust when ever needed.
"ALIZEH." I was brought back to reality when I heard my brother's voice. I quickly grabbed my phone and ran downstairs to see everyone waiting for me.
******************
"Asalam-u-Alaikum aunty." I greeted Amna's mom who was busy attending the guests. She responded back and instructed me to the room where Amna was.
"Ma Sha Allah! Amna you're looking beautiful." I gasped as I enter the room, seeing her sitting on her bed.
She gave me a weak smile and brought her gaze back to her hands. I understood she was going through an emotional roller coaster. I sat beside her and gave her an assuring hug. I tried to divert her mind from all the thought she might be having. After about a hour, we were told to bring Amna out.
Everyone admired Amna's look. From her dress to her makeup everything was perfect. The arrangement too was on point. Each aunty came up to Amna to bless her and feed her sweet. They all made dua for her future and some even gave her some advices for her future life, With time, everyone got emotional. Amna too had tears in her eyes upon seeing her parents. On that note, all the cousins gather together and turned on some musics to show some dance moves they've practiced. This was the smart way to normalize the situation.
***************
"Alizeh." I heard my moms voice, she was not alone but with some aunty who I've never seen before.
"This is aunty sehnaaz. Baji, she is my daughter."
I greeted her with a genuine smile on my face. She return back the gesture with a hug.
"Ma Sha Allah! She is really beautiful.."
"JazakAllah." I said
******************
"Shahveer" I uttered as I saw him with Fatima as I step outside for fresh air.
It seems like they both were enjoying each others company. The way he was talking to her and looking at her made my heart cringed. He only used to talk to me like that. I felt like tear drop on my hand, I don't know why was I hurt, It's not like we were friends anymore. I moved my gaze towards the sky because I didn't want them to think that I'm stalking them. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that someone bumped into me which made me fall.
"YA'ALLAH.!" I screamed, gathering everyone's attention.
The pain in my ankle was so unbearable that I didn't looked up. I was holding my ankle the whole time while everyone gather around me. They all had concern written on their face but that didn't bothered me. I was so much in pain that I didn't dared to move.
"I'm extremely sorry, I should have looked where I was going." I heard an unfamiliar masculine voice. I looked up to meet with pair of brown eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.
"Here, let me help you." He offered his hand which I hesitantly took. I could feel all eyes on me but right now I needed to get up.
"Did I hurt you somewhere?" He asked sensing my difficulty in standing up. I nodded and pointed towards my ankle.
"Alizeh! Let me take you inside." I heard Shahveer voice and within a second he grabbed my hand from the stranger. I didn't had time to react and he helped me walk inside. I couldn't jerk my hand back as I knew I would fall back.
"Alizeh! What happened." My father asked as he saw me
"Nothing.. I just fell." I mumbled while looking down to hide my embarrassment. My dad got my hand from Shahveer and helped me sit down.
********************