Chapter 8

I woke up to continuous buzzing of my phone. I finally gave up and attend the call. I said hello in my rusty sleepy voice to which I got someone laughing at the other end.
My eyes got wide as I recognize the voice of the person. I jumped out of my bed and waited for the other person to say something Just cause I was too embarrassed to say something
"I hope I didn't disturbed you." Zubair said after awhile
"Nope, not at all." I managed to say
" I just wanted to remind you that Mom will be coming soon with your mehndi."
"Okay"
"Bye"
"Allah Hafiz" I said and cut off the phone
I sat there for a minute to get my heart beat back to normal. You can tell that I still don't know how to react when talking to my fiancé. He would probably think what kind of a weirdo I am.
*************************
"Asalam-u-Alaikum Aunty" I greeted Zubair's Mother as she walks inside the house
She in return hugged me and kissed me on my forehead. Her gesture always tells me that how much of a loving person she is. I grabbed all the bags from her hand and welcome her in.
After hour or so, She left for her house. After her departure, Mom showed my clothes and mehndi things to all the relatives. They all were awestruck at the things I got. Well, it could be easily predicted that things she got for me were quiet expensive.
I smiled as everyone praised about the choice of My in laws but at the same time I thought it being a waste of money since I was going to wear it only for a day.
I texted Zubair to thanks him but also told him that it wasn't needed. I put my mobile aside because I knew he rarely replies back.
***************************
"Alizeh bache, the moment you enter the house you've to take care of everything." Aunty Kulsoom advised
Then came another advice from Aunty Firdous
"From day one, start to have control on your husband"
"Don't let your Mother in law interfere much in your matters"
"Always do your husband chores by your own hands"
And there were many more. All I could do was to pretend I was listening to all of them. Their advices were quite funny and irrational.