Chapter 11 - Just Friends

Ellie

I like Austin? Is my mind functioning correctly or I'm just being funny?

I know there are a lot of reasons to say why I shouldn't like Austin but every time I deny it, the more I feel that I was lying to myself.

But why do I feel this way towards him? This isn't right.

He doesn't like me.

I am nothing to him.

So why should I like him?

His lips are still pressed on mine and I don't know what to do, should I kiss him back or should I not?

"Good evening, ma'am or sir? Cleaning service?" A man from behind the door speaks.

He immediately broke out from the kiss and stare at the door. I cough loudly, I can't seem to calm my heart down. I check on the door and greeted the man, "No thank you, we just got here."

"Okay ma'am. Have a wonderful evening then." He smiles politely and left before I close the door behind him.

It was awkward. The moment I faced Austin, he was silent. He didn't say a word. I'm nervous and afraid of what he was going to say next if I ask him what the kiss was about.

He will probably say that he was just testing me or he got bored but for me, it's something more and yet I'm afraid to confront him. I shouldn't continue these feelings towards him and ignore it. The more I like him, the more dangerous it gets.

"Cat got your tongue?" I speak. He directed his eyes at me and a smile form his lips.

"The kiss, what I was trying to say was—" I raise a hand, signaling him to stop. He did what I told and I said, "I know, it's nothing." I laugh nervously, "You're just bored or either teasing me."

"No Ella, what I was telling you—" I cut him off, "Just shut up Austin, I know, I know that it was just nothing. You're probably bored and I know you, you wouldn't want to be with someone like me anyway." I laugh, "I mean, I'm probably no one."

"Ella please listen to me, I need you to hear me out—" I cut him off again, "Whatever Austin, it's okay. It's not like I have feelings for you, you know who I like." I chuckle and he displays a stern look on his face.

"Fine." He spat, "If that's what you want to hear then fine." He stares at the window and continued, "The kiss was just nothing. I'm bored and I'm not going to say sorry because that's what you want to hear right?"

No. I don't want to hear that. But there's no other reason behind that kiss. Nothing more.

He got up from the bed, "I'll just go and take a shower." He walks towards the bathroom and shuts the door behind him with a bang. He was mad and I can feel pain in my chest. What he told me was painful and I can't even breathe. Am I right to tell him that? Should I have heard him out or is it the right thing to do to tell him that? I don't know. I'm confused.

"El—are you here?" I heard Casey's voice from behind the door and I immediately greeted her and opens the door for me to see her.

"Are you—" She wasn't able to finish her sentence because I immediately hug her tightly. I need comfort right now but I couldn't tell her right now.

"Okay?" She said, "What are you doing?"

I let go off her and started laughing, I'm good at faking it. "Nothing, I was just glad to see you."

"Oh really?" She bursts out laughing, making me smile, "Anyway, thanks to my boyfriend, the fight broke." She crosses her arms against her chest, "So the party is back on, aren't you going to leave this room?"