Chapter 15 - I Dare You to Kiss Me

Ellie

Have you ever felt the moment when you're just going to explode any second now and you don't know how to stop it? That is what I'm exactly feeling right now.

"I—what?" Austin looks at me in questionable look and I don't know what words should I come up next.

"I don't think—erm—I am, you know—that." I said stuttering. I couldn't keep my mind straight and I couldn't even say anything that I wanted to say.

"You mean no?" I couldn't figure out what look is on his face right now because it seems like he was somehow disappointed and it was mixed with like he does not even care.

"Yeah, I mean, we're frenemies, I don't know exactly what to feel." I say nonchalantly but deep inside I was like a ticking time bomb.

"Okay." He says.

"Okay." I said back, awkwardly.

"So should we get started then?" He changes the topic as he places the plates that we used when we ate in the tray, "I don't want to keep you here all night."

"Yeah, I guess we should." This is going to be an awkward night.

--

Last night was really awkward. I couldn't get anything out of Austin as to why he was acting like that but I guess maybe he is not used of rejection. I mean he knows every girl in the planet likes him, he was just shocked that I didn't affect him but it's not like it's the truth. Though, I couldn't tell him the truth.

We finished with our sketches on the project at nine o' clock and I decided to leave by then. He was unusually quiet and I was so out of my head because of the silent treatment and the awkward small talk if we had the chance.

"So, you didn't told him you like him any form of way?" Casey questions. The minute the bell rang for lunch, I immediately wait for her at the door of where her class before lunch and drag her by the side of the lockers and started explaining to her what happened last night because clearly, I couldn't take it off my head.

"No—there was a part of me that I wanted to tell him but a big part of me says NO." I say in a stressed tone. She sighs and pats me in the back in a comforting way, "Calm down, it's not a major problem. And I think this is one the things you need, to tell him you don't like him in a romantic way so that you will continue on the operation dislike him."

"But it does not feel right." I explained, she looks annoyed with the words I said back.

"Ellie, for the last freaking time, you told me you're going to decide which is who, and I'll support you no matter what, but with what I'm looking at, you're stressing over the two of them and you're not deciding who you really want to go with."

"I don't know and besides none of them likes me back, why am I assuming things anyway? I should just get over my feelings towards the two of them because this is making my mind go insane." I blurted out. She looks at me in a comforting way, "Ellie, just remember, I'm here to help you but in terms of deciding decisions, it's your call."

--

Today is the day where I and Austin do the project thing at our place. It's already six forty five in the evening and he hasn't gone here yet. I know that the practice is already done because Elliot is here and he told me that he got home with Austin, meaning, he's at his place.

I went to look at my bedroom window to check on his room, the light was on but I couldn't see him.

"Austin!" I shouted, "It's already pass six thirty, get your ass down here!" I exclaim.