Chapter 17 - I Feel Like I'm Dreaming

Ellie

"I want to talk about the kiss." He says. I was so shock to hear him say that, that I couldn't even move or say anything to him.

Why does he want to talk about the kiss?

"Earth to Ella, are you there?" He asks sarcastically, making me literally jump out of my feet.

I chuckled smoothly, pretending that I wasn't even really affected, even though I completely am.

"Yeah?" I look at him in a careless manner and he sighs, "Do you think I'm joking?"

"Maybe." I quickly responded.

He looks disappointed with my answer, he breathes heavily and say, "Nevermind."

"Okay." I want to talk about it, but what should I tell him? I want to hear him out but what if I got disappointed? A lot of things could happen but I can't risk it all because I'm afraid to get my heart broken.

"Good night!" I say smiling, I instantly close the window without looking at his expression or waiting for him to speak. Even though I am afraid to get hurt, I could feel that ignoring the feelings I have for him is already painful than it is.

But what could I do? This is the only thing that is best for me. I might as well ignore it and move on.

--

"So, you solve the problems, and I'll draw the graph, okay?" I ask as my eyes settle at the papers and the books scattered on the floor. We're at my room and he seems to be not affected on what happened yesterday because the moment he came in our house, he acts the usual Austin that I see in school. How can he act like that? Act like he doesn't care anything around him and be so calm with everything?

"Okay, wait." He eyes me suspiciously, "Why am I the one who should solve the problems?"

"Because I don't like solving." I stick my tongue out and took the graphing paper and the ruler.

"Well that's no good because solving takes time and I don't want to waste time." He annoyingly said, making me irritated in the same time.

"Austin, just do it so we could be done with." I didn't look at him and started to graph on the paper.

"Well I want you to solve them and I do the plotting." He starts to take another graphing paper and took the protractor lying on the floor beside me.

"Austin, please." I say seriously.

"Can we just do the solving together? It's five questions and I couldn't do it all alone." He points out.

"Elliot told me you're good at them."

"But I'm too lazy to do it all alone."

"You're not, you're just acting like a kid."

"And you're acting like a lazy kid." He teases.

"Austin, seriously?" I was already irritated, and it was evident on the tone of my voice.

He drops the paper and the protractor as he stares at me intensely without saying a single word.

"Can you just do it?"

He didn't respond, "Seriously, if you're not going to help me, just get out of this room."

A smile forms on his lips but he didn't respond. What game is he playing? I'm not in the mood to play games with him. We should do this project instantly because submissions will be on Tuesday or else I'm going to fail.