Chapter Six : Umm Yummy

Varun Reddy

Varun Reddy.

And then, I got ready to be hers. To loose. To make her win. Today I'll loose everything; the love of my life, my one and only best friend and my perfect life. Everything seemed so perfect just a few days ago; so perfect just like a fairytale. Well, this was my reality. All I wanted now was to bury myself deep inside the ground. I sighed; something which I've been doing all day, like legit.

I tried calling Kaira, went to her house and the place where she worked. But found nothing. She changed her number, left her previous job and even shifted her house. Like it all doesn't make sense at all. This proposal, Kaira's disappearance, Sriti's change . . . everything seems so unusual, man.

"So let's go, my young man?" My chain of thoughts was broken by Grandmom's sweet voice. She flashed one of those genuine smile of hers and my heart melted. I longed for that one small smile from years. I sighed painfully and faked a smile. She headed first and I next, followed by my PA. Sriti wanted a normal and calm wedding in a Register Office and I hate to admit, but I was thankful to her for this.

No relatives, no friends, no crap. We headed towards our destination, precisely hell. Pathetic me! How much ever I want to hate that witch, I know I can't! She's my best friend. She knew me more than I knew myself.

-----

Then, I was lawfully wedded to the most unexpected person and I wasn't even a bit happy about it. I could see Sriti giving me that victory smile from the corner of my eyes but I choose to ignore it. Ah, how much I wanna erase that smile from her beautif-wait what? Ugly! Ugly face, jeez. We took the blessings of our elders and soon headed to home. Ah, home, room, bed, sleep . . . I could give up all my fortune just for that peaceful sleep.

-----

It was night and I was allowed to go to my room . . . finally. After getting back home, Sriti and Grandmom became busy in discussing about some party while I walked to the mini office in our mansion. I wasn't allowed to go to my own room till night. What the heck?

In the meantime, I even hired a private investigator to give me the details about Kaira. I've to apologise to her. All because of that witch.

After tiring myself for good four hours, I was back in my room. Oh, my baby, how much I missed you! I am probably acting like a lunatic . . . or precisely an obsessive lover of my room. I entered my room and threw myself on that fluffy bed. I fisted the bed sheet and turned to my right side to see a figure standing in the balcony. Oh, Sriti.