Chapter Sixteen : I Don't Hate Her, C'mon!

Sriti Nanda

Sriti Nanda.

Dim lights, sweating bodies and bitter drinks; these words are enough to describe a pub, the place where I'm right now. It's been a week since the wedding drama of Nakul. I'm a party animal and all I do in
such parties and clubs is dance and drink, unlike Varun who always kept to himself and sat in a corner. But today, it was slightly different.

Varun and Anya were rocking the dance floor with their dance. Well, dance in the sense, they were just throwing their hands up and jumping here and there. Whereas I and Divvy sat near the counter and were having our drinks. I was gazing at them when I heard Divvy whisper.

"You love him, don't you?" He whispered, sitting beside me to which I turned towards him and gave him a ain't it too obvious kinda look. "Okay I get it." He said chuckling and throwing his hands up in the air. I went back to my gazing session after giving him a small smile.

"C'mon, open up, girl. That guy obviously loves you. Now what's the problem? Why do you always keep giving him those longing looks?" He questioned confused. Well, the guy ain't aware of Kaira and her doings. "Umm, he loved Kaira." I whispered to which he gave me a shocked look. "Then why did he marry you?" He almost shouted.

"Listen, he loved Kaira. But she was already in love with Vivaan. Vivaan and she had some differences and they broke up. Later, Varun proposed her and she accepted. They both were dating and it had been a month when Varun finally decided to marry her. But then she revealed it to me that she just wanted to make Vivaan jealous so she was with Varun and she doesn't love him." I said as I heaved a long sigh.

I was tired. Tired of just being friends with him. Tired of watching all others falling in love while all I could do was just sit and mourn over my life. I just don't know what to do so I can make Varun realise his feelings. "But that doesn't justify how you both ended up getting married?" He questioned confused and I had one more shot before answering.

"I forced him into this marriage because Kaira promised me that she'll tell everything to Varun if I get hitched with him. So she did. Varun kinda forgave her and he's over with her now." I said looking at my fingers. "Complicated, I see. He loves you, girl. Just give him time, maybe?" He said and smiled to which I gave him bored look.

"All I've been doing is waiting for him. From childhood I've been waiting for him. I don't know what to do now. What if I loose faith on him, dude? I just shouldn't have married him." I said looking down.
"