Chapter Eleven : Memories And Kisses In Store Room

Varun Reddy

Varun Reddy.

My life couldn't get anymore worse. I'm stuck here in this s room, surrounded with dust and dirt, without any air. It's so suffocating and these flies aren't helping at all. I myself am shocked that I actually slept in here. Damn. I tried catching some flies but ended up getting hurt. I turned to see Sriti who was standing near the shelf with an album in her hand, smiling looking at some photos. Oh well, let me see what she got.

"What are you doing?" I whispered in her ear which unexpectedly turned her on because she shivered and I was sure she shivered in pleasure. Boy, along with her I'm turned on too. Damn, I'm physically attracted to her. Hey, it's not like I'm cheating on Sriti by romancing with her and still loving Kaira. I am pretty sure that I don't love that girl. It's just that I'm a bit hurt and I need time to feel anything for Sriti.

I at times felt guilty for being so free like this. I explained Sriti about this and she just brushed everything, telling it's not my mistake. All she said was that I just needed time to heal and my attraction towards  her will be helpful. I'd be okay after some months and she's ready to wait for me. She said I shouldn't repent but be happy that we're together and are improving our relationship. At that moment, I thought she loves me. But my thoughts got brushed off when she said that we've been friends like forever and it's difficult for us to look at each other in that  way.

I was convinced that she was right. Maybe I was just overthinking stuff. But yet, I couldn't help but feel guilty at times. "Umm, Varun, are you even listening?" She snapped her fingers in front of my face with a cute confused look. "Uh, sorry, cupcake. I was thinking about something." I pulled her cheeks and she pinched me for calling her cupcake which is quite girly for her.

"Oh, anyways, I was just talking about these pictures and their weddings. So, tell me what were you thinking about? Something dirty or what, eh?" She said with that glint in her eyes and I smirked. I turned her around so that her back is facing my front and hugged her, placing my head on shoulder and hands on her belly to which she leaned in and placed her hands on mine.

"Oh, my cute doll, I was just thinking why is it so complicated to love your own best friend? Like bro, we've been together since childhood. We've did all the things together, shared every thing but now it's like we both are just strangers who got into an arranged marriage. Just like those cliché types." I said with humor in my voice and she chuckled.

"Well, that's the exact thing. We've been together since forever, but we were best friends, not partners. You know, we've never even expected that we'll be married one day. So it's just kinda unexpected and it happens. Not only with us but with all those best-friends-turned-spouses. It's totally okay. It'll take some time, but we'll eventually be more than okay. So chill, don't think about it. You know we've been married like not even for a week and we're already attracted. These sweet little things mark the starting of our married life, you know? To be honest, I'm really happy and I hope you're too umm okay." She whispered the last part and I understood that she's still doubtful about my happiness. I decided to end it today by doing the most unexpected thing.