Chapter Twenty : Reconciliation

Varun Reddy

Varun Reddy.

It's been one and a half month since Sriti left. She didn't call me or anyone else of our family and friends. This one and a half month had been the toughest phase of my life with the most important person of my life missing. She was with me as my bestfriend in childhood and then as my wife after our marriage. She was the only one who was there for me when Kaira broke my heart.

I regret hurting her. I regret it so badly. I've called her names, pushed her out of my room and hurt her very badly. I so wish I could go back, erase everything and make new memories. But life was never easy. I worked my hard just so that I won't go back to my past and start regretting stuff. I didn't want to hurt myself. I wanted to stay safe for my Sriti. I didn't want to go anywhere before apologising and confessing my love to her.

Yes, I love her. I realised it in this short span of time. Though I deserve all the cuss words and all the cruel punishments existing in this world but I didn't hurt myself because Sriti doesn't want me to. All she requested was a promise. A promise to stay safe. A promise to keep our family safe. A promise to develop our company and make our parents proud. And all I could do for her is to fulfil that promise, no matter what.

I smiled with wet eyes as my cabin door opened and Divyansh entered. Divyansh and I have become good friends in this span of time. He was like the brother I never had. After Anya's knock-some-sense-in-your-brain session, Divyansh regretted each and every thing he said and did to her. He wanted to apologise to her but she didn't listen to him. After a week after all that, she went out of the country with two other doctors for a project. She didn't return yet and this boy is hopelessly waiting for her.

"Hello? Are you even listening to me?" Divyansh said pinching me and I came back to reality. I gave him a questioning look to which he handed me his phone, signing me to talk. "Hello?" I questioned to check who's on the other side. "Varun? Is that you? I'm Anya and this is my number." She said from the other side and I smiled looking at Divyansh. "Uh hey. What a surprise? Oh by the way, why did you call Divyansh instead of me?" I questioned in a teasing manner.

"Uh that, I remember only his number so yeah. Anyways don't tell this to him or else he'll tease me." She said and I chuckled. Divyansh gave me a confused look which I choose to ignore. "Anyways, listen what I found." She said in her usual excited tone to which I chuckled before questioning her.

"You wouldn't believe it but you know right Sriti is in here. So today I was actually getting late to my hospital so I started walking fast and I bumped in the most unexpected person in the most unexpected place! Now guess who's that?" She questioned excitedly to which I smiled brightly. "Sriti! You actually met Sriti!" I shouted excited, getting up from my seat and Divyansh looked as excited as me. "Yes and we had a good chat for two hours. I told her everything that had happened from the start after she left and you know what she just said?" Anya said over-excited and I felt the adrenaline rushing through me veins.