Chapter Twenty-Two: Mother-in-law

I gaped at Sir Castor when he suddenly laughed. He laughed. Why did he laughed?

I expect him to be angry or relieved that i'm willing to let go of his son. But no, he laughed.

I tilted my head, "Uhm, why did you laugh?"

Sir Castor paused before wiping some tears he shed from laughing, "You're interesting. Now I know why my son has taking a liking to you."

"Huh?"

"Did you really expect me to cancel the engagement just because you're a commoner and doesn't have a high social standing?"

I nodded meakly.

He laughed again, "You're wrong. We are willing to compromise as long as my son is happy."

"Well then, how about Seven? Isn't he also engaged? Is he happy with the engagement?"

"Now that's a different story. Princess Marlie Giovanni came from a powerful kingdom, the engagement will only be cancelled unless she personally withdraw from the engagement. In Zero's case, Princess Priscilla personally cancelled the engagement after learning that Zero is a masochist which is obviously a lie."

He paused for a moment, "Zero is more like a stalker. Well, i'm proud to say that he get that attitude from me though."

My mouth twitched.

"I still remembered the time where I stalked Dawn. I used to follow her wherever she goes and learn everything about her." He said with nostalgia.

Zero then joined in the conversation, "Ooh! Father uses the same tactic as me, right?"

"Of course, you learned from the best!"

I clenched my fist and I feel a vein popped out on my forehead. What kind of father and son duo is this?!

"But i'm the best stalker among the two of us! I even know that Amber sleeps wearing only a shirt and her undergarments!" Zero argued.

I flushed red, "You! How did you know that?!" I asked.

Sir Castor frowned, "Weak! I even know what your mother's favorite undergarments are! The ones with the lace and-

"DEEAAARRR!"

A shout was heard from outside as the double doors swung open violently, revealing an angry but beautiful woman. She has long beautiful silver hair and dark violet eyes that seemed black. Right now, she's holding a long stick.

I saw how Sir Castor paled and backed away.

"Wife, what're you doing over there?" He asked weakly.

The beautiful woman roared, "I should ask you what have you been telling to these kids?! You! If I haven't eavesdropped earlier I wouldn't have known what you did these past few years!"

The woman charged at Sir Castor while he dodged the woman attacks.

"You stalker! What have you been teaching to your son, huh?! No wonder the girl is scared of him!"

"I didn't teach him that! Zero's the one- ouch! He's the one who approached me- ouch! Ouch!"

The woman only continued beating Sir Castor, "You shut up! I'm gonna kill you!"

Sir Castor held up his hands in defeat, "Wife! You're daughter-in-law is watching!"

The woman looked flustered before stopping and turning to look at me. She beamed with joy before throwing the stick which hit Sir Castor in the face and ran to my direction.

She pinched my cheeks, "My! What a beautiful daughter-in-law I have!"

I only stayed still. Zero coughed to get his mother's attention.

"Mom, stop doing that." Zero said before pulling my arm and hugging me from behind, again.

The woman paused and giggled before nodding, "My son is so possessive. Okay. But first let me introduce myself properly. I'm Dawn Venice, Castor's wife."

I nodded, "I'm Amber Trinity Scarlette. Came from Epiphyllum and a commoner." I said it yet again.

If Sir Castor ain't falling for my plan then i'll go to Miss Dawn. But instead of what i've expected, Miss Dawn squealed.

"You're a commoner? Finally! Someone like me!" She shouted before hugging me.

Right now, I was wedged in between Zero and his mom.

What kind of a family is this?! The normal one in this family is Seven! But I guess he's also weird because he has a hidden attitude.

I struggled breathing, "Can't... breathe..."

Miss Dawn realized her actions and immediately lets go of me.

"I'm sorry dear. You looked pale, are you okay? Sit." She said before leading me to sit on one of the couches inside the office while Zero is still hugging me.

Miss Dawn then turned to look at Sir Castor, "You scared her."

"No I didn't. I only told her your favorite undergarments-

"Shut up!"

Sir Castor sighed dejectedly, "Okay."

"Now then, when's the engagement party?" Miss Dawn asked excitedly.

I lowered my head, "Uh... I don't know about that."

"Oh? You don't like my son?"

I laughed awkwardly before nodding.

"Hm... I think you have to try harder son."

Zero frowned, "That's what i'm planning on doing."

Miss Dawn nodded, pleased, "Good. Because I like her already. I want a grandchild soon."

I choked on my own saliva.

"Oh, I think your mother-in-law wants a child already? Say, why won't we get married already?" Zero whispered.

I nudged him in the stomach while my face heats up.

"Ooh! You two look cute together!"

I lowered my head. Suddenly, Sir Castor also hugged Miss Dawn.

"Honey, what about me?" Sir Castor asked pitifully.

"You're a pervert!"

"Wife, i'm sorry! I didn't mean to tell them that you're favorite undergarments are those that are soft and lacy! That the one you love the most are the dark violet ones that I made for you!"

I witnessed how Miss Dawn clenched her fist before hitting her husband,

"Well know you've said it you pervert! You stalker! I hate you! I'm gonna kill you someday! Just you wait!"

Sir Castor just kept on hugging Miss Dawn, "Wife, i'm sorry."

I looked at Miss Dawn in admiration. It's rare to see a couple act like this.

"Hm, looks like they're busy. Let's leave them be." Zero said as he stood up.

I frowned, "Aren't you going to stop their fight?"

"Don't worry, it's their way of showing their love. Let's go back and continue what were doing earlier." He whispered.

I blushed and stepped on Zero's feet, "No. I'm going home after this."

"Oh? I thought your home is here now."

I shook my head, "No thank you." I said before walking out of the room.

Suddenly, I crashed into someone because I wasn't looking. I looked at the person I bumped with.

"I'm sorry. Are you hurt- wait Amber?!"

I frown. It's a shock that he still recognizes me even when my hair and eyes already changed.

"I'm fine, Seven."

--

Sorry if it's super late. My mother turned off the wifi last night.