Chapter Twenty-Seven: Galoway Town

Ameth >> Amethyst. I just recently discovered what meth is. Lol. Sorry for being ignorant.

--

I styled my hair into a messy bun. Wore my comfortable brown boots. Changed my sweater into a simple sleeveless shirt because the weather outside is hot and I would prefer to stay in my room which, miraculously, have an aircon. Got my bag full of amethyst. And then out the door I go.

As I was about to go to Forest's room, I immediately saw her down the hallway.

Forest waved at me, "Hey!"

I smiled and awkwardly waved back.

"Did you get your ID already?"

I blinked before tilted my head i  confusion and shaking it as a no, "Why? It's just an ID."

"Hey, it's not 'just an ID'. Each student have to register in order for them to get theirs because in this school, our ID serves as an amethyst card."

I frown, Amethyst... card?

"Oh, you mean credit card?"

Forest suddenly laughed at my statement, "What nonsense are you spouting? It's amethyst card, not a credit card. And what the heck is a credit card, anyway?"

I stayed silent. Right, this world's logic is different from my world.

"So, what's an amethyst card?"

Forest suddenly held up her ID. It has a two by two picture of her, as well as her name, age, section, rank and the level of her power that is located on the left side. Its color is white with five silver lines on its right.

"This is both an amethyst card and an ID. It has a picture of the student and also the student's information and progress. See these lines? It shows how much money it still have. These lines are ranked by bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Ranging from one to ten lines. Each line represent a certain amount of money."

She paused then pointed at the lines in her ID, "Example, like these five lines, it shows that I still have approximately fifty thousand amethyst. Bronze start at hundreds, silver at thousands, gold at hundred thousands while platinum at millions."

I nodded, finally understanding what she means.

"So, the amethyst are mostly given by your parents?"

I saw how Forest stiffened a little at the mention of the word 'parents'. Before letting out a small smile,

"It depends. Some noble students mostly rely on their parents. But I think the school might prohibit it this school year because they want the noble students to be dependent and earn it themselves."

"While commoners sometimes rely on weekly competitions that give certain amount of amethyst as prize. Eventhough the school mostly provide the food, students still need to earn in order to buy their daily necessities, snacks and some projects that may have to spend their amethyst on."

I let out an 'oh' before nodding.

"So, where do I get to register this amethyst card thingy?"

Forest nodded, "Follow me." She said as she pulled me towards a glass door. It opened and the first thing I saw is a floating crystal sphere which can fit up to ten students. It has a barrier which protects the students from falling off of it because it has no walls surrounding it.

Both boys and girls dormitories are extremely large because each student has its own privilage to own his/her own room with no roommates. The girls dormitory has fifteen floors while the boys only have ten floors.