1. Chapter - Drunken Bet

It's finally here, but I feel like this chapter is quite bad. It feels chaotic and messy, but it might be only me. You will need to read it yourself to judge it! :) 

Anyway, the beginnings to stories like this are always hard to write (at least for me), so I hope you will be lenient with me! 

*******************************************************************

If you skipped the prologue, go back and read it! It's an important part of the story!

*******************************************************************

Present

Corey was staring out the window, into the thick blackness that was surrounding them from every angle, and sighed for the hundredth time within the last few hours. He was wondering how he even got into this ridiculous situation to being with, cursing his friends for talking him into the bullshit that got them into this mess. He still couldn't believe it was actually happening, secretly wishing he would wake up and realize it was all just a terrible nightmare.

Closing his eyes and leaned against the cold material to his right. He still remembered the faces of his parents when he told them what happened; the cries of his younger brother who refused to talk to him until the very day they departed, his dad's devastated expression when he found out there was no way out of it, and his mum's tearstained face he couldn't stop thinking about. It was the worst day of his life, and he was sure he would never forget about it. The memories of how much he hurt his family would haunt him forever. 

Thinking back to the fateful night many months ago, he sighed again.

*

Half a year ago, movie night – Adam's place

All four friends, together with Adam's older brother Jeremy, were sitting in Erickson's living room, drinking the beer Jeremy bought earlier. They were fooling around, waiting patiently for the evening news, so they could find out more about the supposed alien ship and them contacting the authorities. Corey still thought it was bullshit, the so called hoax, but his friends believed it, so he was willing to wait and see for himself if the news confirmed it or nor.

"Don't drink too much or mum will kill me," said Jeremy to Adam, grinning and stuffing his mouth with chips.

Jeremy was older than all of them being 25, and he was just finishing his last semester in Design Media Arts at UCLA. All three boys always tagged along with him and his friends when Jeremy had to look after Adam, and their friendship grew from that point.

"It's starting!" yelled Adam suddenly and all the eyes in the room focused on the flat screen, where, in the middle of it, stood their President and probably one of the best-looking guys Corey has ever seen.

He was tall, his muscular figure visible even through his thick looking grey-white uniform that signalized he was someone important. His skin was pale as if it's never seen the sun and his long hair that was tied in a ponytail, few strands braided in small braids, was dark brown with sandy strands here and there. He would look normal, almost human, if it wasn't for his face. His whole eyes were purple, almost shining on the screen, with pure white pupil, and there was a weird marking gracing his face starting from one temple and continuing across his forehead to his other temple; there was also something on his neck in the same color but his uniform was in the way so no one could see it clearly. It was dark blue and it looked extremely complicated. Corey had to wonder if it was tattooed or if the man had to paint it every day because of some kind of weird religion or other reasons.