18. Chapter - The Gates

This is going to be an official soundtrack for the last book of this series. I know it's way too soon to mention it now, but I couldn't help myself! Moreover, we'll get a bit of a prelude of the last book at the end of this one! Any theories based on the song? ^.^

Finally, I managed to finish this chapter. I couldn't get into mood to write this story at all! Hopefully, it didn't affect it too much >.<

I tried my hardest to make it as long as possible (to compensate for the long wait), but I'm just so used to my typical length, it wasn't that much of a success. Sorry! >...<

Hope you'll enjoy reading it!

******************************************************************

Morning came sooner than any of them expected. They spent majority of the night talking and messing around, so getting up from the beds the next day was torture.

"Whose idea was it again?" Patrick grumbled, tiredly dragging his hand down his pale face. With his dark hair and eyes, he reminded Corey of a zombie, which just made everything even worse. They all looked as if they spent the night drinking, and it was clear the aliens wouldn't keep quiet about it.

"Who do you think?" Rey replied, an equal tone to his voice, eyes turning towards Adam. They got three hours of sleep at the most, and the vision of traveling made them sick to the stomach. But here they were, sitting in one of the biggest vehicles they've ever seen, looking at one another and trying not to fall asleep.

"You look exhausted," Mogae pointed out, looking at Adam with emotionless expression. Looking up close, one would notice the worries in his eyes, but all of the humans sat too far to notice it. He seemed almost like a stone statue to them.

"Yes, all of you do. I thought sleeping all together in one room would make you comfortable." Azka looked at Corey, worries written all over his face. He was an exact opposite of the other alien, and it was quite funny to see, as they were sitting right next to each other.

"We were. We just stayed up late and talked a lot. It's been a while, so the time during the day wasn't enough for us to discuss everything we wanted to. And even though your days are longer than the ones back at Earth, we got kinda carried away." Rey smiled, not being able to suppress the yawn that followed.

Staring at him for a moment, Azka sighed, shaking his head slightly.

"All of you should get some sleep before we arrive to the Gates. It will take a long time to get there, so you should make use of it. If it is about watching the scenery, we will be returning the same way, so you will have an opportunity to see it on our way back. And because we are going to stay there overnight, you do not have to worry about not seeing anything. It will be as bright outside as it is now when we leave," he finished, already talking to one of the staff that came with them, instructing her to take the boys to the back so they could rest.

The vehicle was much bigger than the one they used the first day the humans arrived, and it had a total of three rooms in it. They were currently in the middle room, which was the main one used by the royal family; the guards, together with the rest of the staff, occupied the front area; and the back was always used as a break room for those who got tired during traveling.

The boys stared at one another for few seconds, considering whether to take the offer or not. But after all of them yawned as if signalizing how much tired they were, they nodded and followed the alien woman to the back room. It couldn't hurt to sleep for a bit.

*****

A soft knock on the door was all it took to wake Corey up. They've been asleep for over five hours now, and Azka decided to wake them up as their journey was slowly coming to the end. Based on the calculations and their location, they should reach the Gates in next thirty minutes.