Chapter 10

HER POV:

I don't why I'm saying this but I've started to like Waqqar. At first, I thought he was just one of those Muslim extremists but now I think different. He's so much more than that. The best thing about him is that he always respects us girls so much. All those boys that I've had in my life have always been trying to have fun with me. I remember that I wouldn't feel comfortable around them, many times.

I break up with them mostly because they don't respect me. They stare at me with shameless eyes. They try to touch me and be overly close to me. But then, after a while they'll just start staring another girl when they're bored of me. They'll just break-up with me and then start doing the same thing to another girl hiding behind the fact that they're her "boyfriend".

But Waqqar? He's the exact opposite. He always lowers his gaze in front of me. He tries to keep some distance from me. Well, of course it's annoying sometimes. He's a little too paranoid. But, I guess it's what Islam expects from him.

Walking towards the lockers, I suddenly spot Waqqar talking to a girl. I got closer to them to hear their conversation. "Sorry, but I'm really not interested." Waqqar apologized. My eyes widened as I realized that the girl was confessing her feelings to him. Waqqar had an awkward smile on his face while the girl had a disappointed expression. I felt sorry for her. Man, he's so cruel.

But... Somewhere deep down,  I felt relieved.

Was I getting crazy? Probably yes.

HIS POV...

What was happening? This is so unexpected. I turned her down and it was hard. I guess it was a test from Allah for me. The girl ran off the other way, probably feeling miserable. But, that's it. She'd just recover. It's not like she was serious about me anyway. Even if I did agree to be her boyfriend, what would happen next?

She'd probably break up with me a week later saying that "it isn't working out". Okay, fine. After a month. What about an year? Let's suppose she stays with me for a year. What next? She'd do that now or later. It'd be the same thing. See, Allah always has a reason behind everything he has forbade us from.

Somehow, Romma doesn't seem to understand that. "Hey, Wainee!" I heard Romma say behind me, startling me. "Speak of the devil." I muttered to myself. She raised an eyebrow. "What'd you say?" She pried. I shook my head. "Nothing." She just smirked in response. I realized that she was back into her normal, irritating self again. Guess she couldn't stay good for too long.

"Don't call me Wainee." I told her. She pouted. "Why? But, it suits you so we'll." She complained like a little child. I sighed. "Do whatever you want." I gave in before even trying. There was no use of arguing with Romma Albasha.

"I'm thinking that we should go out sometime." Romma suddenly said out of the blue, her smirk wider than ever.
For a moment, I simply stared at her. My stomach flipped wierdly as it tried to digest her words. But it settled down soon enough, as soon as my brain realized she was just being Romma as usual.

"Thanks, the offer's tempting but I decline." I said with a poker face.

"Come on, Wainee." She pouted, dragging my nickname longer than needed. I was certain now. This girl was used to getting everything her way. She was a rich brat. Mind my language. I'm Sorry, Romma. But, truth hurts.

"Romma, I've seriously got better things to do right about now." I told her to her face. " So, if you'll excuse me."
"You can't hide anything from me. You do want to go out with me." She said, in an irritating voice. I sighed. "Think whatever you want. Besides, get something better to do than picking up guys. You can't get your way with me." I told her. "You should know that by now." I added.

She scowled at me before I walked away. Seriously, Romma needs to find something useful to do. Something other than partying or flirting. I never believed a day would come when she'd try to play her dirty tricks on me.