Chapter 40

HIS POV:

"Hand me over those yummy looking leg pieces!" Bhaijan (big brother) nudged me. I reached out and handed him a piece. We were all sitting together in the dinning area, eating dinner. "Mashallah, Nadia Khala! It's been so long since I ate food this good." Waqqas complemented. Nadia smiled in response. "Alhamdulillah! Thank Allah you boys like it!" She said.

"Bhaijan is right, Khala. You always cook the best food but today, you've outdone yourself." I joined in. Nadia Khala glowed happily. "Jazakumullah, if that's the case then you eat as much as you want. I'm so happy my Waqqas is here after such a long time." Nadia Khala ran a hand through Bhaijan's hair and ruffled them up. "Ditto here Khal." He grinned and taking her hand, dropped a kiss on it. Khala just laughed and I rolled my eyes. He was as charming as ever.

Meena, who was sitting across from us in the seat beside Khala, glared at us.  The moment  we stopped our little conversation, she rushed to my side, looking envious. "Mommy! I wanna sit with Wainee!" She tugged at my shirt. "Why does Waqqas Bhai get to sit with him and I dont.?"
Bhaijan turned to face her, a sad look on his face. "Hey! What about me?! I want Meena to sit with me!" He whined like a little kid, stretching his arms out for her.

Unexpectedly, Meena huffed and faced the other way. "Hmph! No! Meena doesn't want to sit with you. She chooses Wainee!" She told him loftily.

"What? Why? I'm certainly more handsome than Waqqar!" He huffed. I shot him skeptical look which he ignored. Meena stuck her nose high in the air. "Wainee's better than you since you never even bother to  visit us. Wainee stays with me here and you don't and that's why I get to sit with him!" She said in a snobbish way.

Bhaijan let out a long sigh. "Well Im here now, aren't I?" He tried to reason with her. Meena pulled out her little plastic chair and sat down beside me. "You're too late! I already like Wainee more than you." And she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Manahil!" Khala scolded her but Bhaijan wasn't bothered. He simply tugged her hair and looked at me with a huff. "Not wainee, more like Wacky." He mumbled under his breath.

"That's Waqqar for you, Wacky." I shot back, chuckling. Bhaijan tried to look angry but burst out laughing. He slapped his hand on my shoulder as both of us laughed. After all, these are some of the advantages of having similar names. We're both Wackys.

After dinner was over, I thanked Allah for a great time. Nadia Khala took off with Meena to make her go to sleep while Bhaijan dragged me into the guest room to help him unpack. He  was as playful as ever and after  spending so much time away from him, it was a good surprise.

"Wow, look at this one!" I held up a bluish-grey long shirt and pure white trousers. "It's so fancy. Where did you get it?"

"Quetta. Why, you like it?" I nodded and he smiled. "Good then. Cause it's for you."

"Really?" I stared at it. It looked so expensive. But also very stylish. "I can't wear it at home or even Uni." Bhaijan shrugged. "It's for wearing at fancy parties." He smirked at me. "Of course you'll be having many of those soon."

I smirked back at him, even when I felt my cheeks blushing. "I've got a prom coming up. I'll wear it there."

Bhaijan stopped in his tracks. " Prom?" He asked in confusion. "I'm only hanging out with my friends. It's the last one we'll have so I should go." I explained.

I helped him settle in and we prayed Isha. After that, I thought about going back to my room and letting him rest but he suddenly stopped me. "There's a way to get to the roof, right? Let's go get some fresh air."

We grabbed a can of coke each and went up to the roof. "Alhamdulillah. We had a lot of fun at dinner, didn't we?" Bhaijan started as he sat down on the tiles and pulling me next to him.  I took a sip of my coke and nodded, muttering 'Alhamdulillah'. Bhaijan looked around, his hair moving with the breeze. I stared at him silently. Even though he had been joking, he was right when he said he was more handsome than me.