Chapter 36

Assalamualaikum, dear readers. Im truly sorry for not updating. I was experiencing a major writer's block! I'm sorry again. Hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll try my best to update soon.

HER POV:

"Thanks but I'm fine now." I said, venom dripping from my voice. That scowl on my face was still there. Kyle rolled his eyes. "Well, I'll catch you later then." With that, he turned to leave. I humphed, wrapping my arms around my chest. "I hope not." I whispered to myself in a low voice and turned to head back. I had no clue where everyone was and with this injury, it would be almost impossible to find them.

Seriously, this guy! I can't believe I had to come here with him. After all he said to me that day. I took a deep breath realizing that complaining would do me no good. I looked here and there wondering where to start searching for my friends. I could see no trace of them so I just ended up deciding to go the buses. We were about to leave for home and our trip would soon be over. I walked slowly, trying to get used to my injury. Fourtunately, I knew where they had parked the buses.

Reaching closer, I spotted a familiar blonde head a few metres away from the buses. A bright smile formed on my face as I shouted out, "Iris! I'm here!". She turned to face where the voice was coming from. I saw her eyes widening as she rushed towards me and envolped me in a bear hug. "Where were you? You idiot!" Her voice shook as if she was about to cry. I felt moved by her gesture and hugged her back. "Sorry. I fell down in the middle of nowhere and sprained my ankle." To me, it felt as I was just ranting. Iris broke the hug and gently slapped me on the forehead. "You careless prick!" She scowled at me. I couldn't control myself and burst out laughing at her unsuccessful attempt of making a harmless insult.

"Careless prick? Seriously, Iris?!" I exclaimed, clutching my stomach as I laughed. She rolled her eyes. "That aside, I guess that explains why you're in such a bad state. C'mon. Let's get you cleaned up." She took my head arm gently and led me to a near restroom. I then realized that I looked like a zombie who just came out of a horror movie. My hair were tugging put from my now ruined bun. My shirt and long skirt were covered in dust. I wouldn't be surprised if my face had a countless number of dirt on it. After all, I was laying there helplessly for almost an hour.

Reaching the restroom, I washed my face and mended my bun. I looked better now. I started telling Iris everything. About when I fell down to that forced date with Mr. Unstable emotions. Iris listened to me quietly as I went on and on describing how I had to give in and quietly go with him to a stupid bakery without another word. After I was done, Iris patted my shoulder, trying to console me. "I think it's best if you don't say a word about this to anyone else. It'll be big trouble if Maria gets her filthy hands on this information. She'll probably feed Waqqar's head with useless lies." Iris advised. I nodded. "You're right."

Then it quickly hit me. "Speaking of Waqqar; where is he?" I asked. It seemed Iris just realized something. Her expression changed into a worried one. "Yeah, where did he go? After we all started looking for you, I didn't see him since. We all split up trying to look for you so I don't know where he is now. We need to tell everyone that you're okay." Iris explained. I nodded knowingly. "I need to talk to him, Iris. I'll see you later. You go and tell everyone I'm okay." I told her and practically rushed of there without letting Iris answer.

I thought I had seen Waqqar near the buses when I was looking for Iris. I have to speak to him before it gets crowded there and we go back home. I won't be able to have a chance to speak to him after that. Despite my injury, I ran to the buses. At first, I didn't see anyone and was about to leave when I heard his voice. "Romma?" It felt as if it had been ages since I heard that soothing voice. I turned to him with a bright smile on my face. "Where were you? We were looking for you." He asked. I felt so relieved that he was worried. My heart skipped a beat when he said that. "I just lost my way and fell down, spraining my ankle in the process. Alhamdulillah. I'm fine now. Thanks for worrying." I explained leaving out the Kyle part.  "Thank Allah you're here! I was looking for you!" I beamed and walked closer to him.