A Prophecy For Your Thoughts

Harry PoV

Percy had the same schedule as us, except for where we all had Divination, Hermione had Muggle Studies. She made sure to warn him of Trelawney's fraudulence as she walked off. Divination was our first class of the day and, strangely, seemed to be something Percy was looking forward to. Even if Trelawney wasn't a fraud, I found fortune telling creepy. We walked up the stairs to the intoxicating scent in the attic. I couldn't actually smell it until I was in the room— a spell, no doubt-- but with being in that room so many times, I could feel it infiltrating my nostrils even before I entered the room.

Walking into the room, I looked to see Percy's reaction, but he seemed unfazed. I was surprised for even though I'd been in this room many a times, the smell was still overwhelming. Taking a seat, I surveyed the room, barely registering Ron throwing Percy dirty looks when he thought he wasn't looking. Though, I could see Percy's eyebrows furrow each time and I knew he noticed. With a quick glance I noticed a lot of things. A lot of the girls had their attention on Percy— who seemed quite oblivious to the whole ordeal. Percy was very fidgety and seemed to be in constant motion, even bringing out his pen to twirl around his fingers. And lastly, Trelawney was only now entering the room.

Professor Trelawney walked around the room, her strangely coloured robes trailing behind her. She smiled while she greeted students and made spontaneous predictions. Trelawney seemed to wholly believe in her predictions, but the way her glasses enlarged her eyes so much so that it was grossly disproportionate to the rest of her face made it difficult to take her seriously. However, that wasn't the only reason for my sure disbelief. The only reason why Ron and I remained in  this class was because of the easy grade. There was hardly any real work necessary because of her incapability as a fraud. The thought of switching to Muggle Studies with Hermione had come up, but was quickly dismissed by my unwillingness to leave Ron. Trelawney came to a stop at the table we sat and I refrained from groaning. I half expected her to predict my death, but was none too surprised when she turned to Percy, instead.

"Ah, I foresaw your arrival, Perseus Jackson, it is." Percy cringed when she said his first name.

"Well then, don't you suppose you should've known I don't use my full name?" He stated. Trelawney flushed, but otherwise remained collected.

"Not all can be see or foretold, merely pieces of what is to come." And with those words, her eyes widened and I knew she was going to 'predict' his death.

"My dear boy, beware of the water, for you have great peril with the sea. It shall be your downfall in the end, and you shall drown within it's depths." Percy snorted, and my brows furrowed. That was the first realistic death prediction she had given: drowning, yet, Percy didn't seem concerned.

"Trust me, I have no peril with the sea. Drowning would be the last thing to end my life." Trelawney huffed, affronted.

"I tell you, it is true. Take heed of my warning!" She said, frustrated. Percy rolled his eyes. Why? Anyone could drown, even the best of swimmers.

"Look, Sybil,-" I faintly heard gasps around the room, being surprised myself. "- I'm not going to drown." And while her large eyes stared at him, something seemed to come over Professor Trelawney. Suddenly, she straightened and her eyes glazed over. I had only seem this happen once before; when she belted out my prophecy in the corridor years back.

"You shall go west to face the *god* who has turned. You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned. You shall be betrayed by the one you call friend, and fail to save what matters most in the end.

"You shall sail the iron ship with warriors of *bone*. You shall find what was stolen and make it your own, but despair for your life *entombed* within *stone*, to fail without friends, to fly home alone.

"Five shall go west to the *goddess* in *chains*, one shall be lost in the land without rain. The bane of *Olympus* shows the trail, campers and hunters combined prevail. The *Titan's* curse one must withstand, and one shall perish by a parent's hand.

"You shall delve in the darkness of the Endless Maze, the *dead*, the traitor, and lost one raise. You shall rise or fall by the *Ghost* King's hand, the child of *Athena's* final stand. Destroy with a *Hero's* final breath, and lose a love to worse than death.

"A Half-Blood of the eldest *gods*, shall reach sixteen against all odds. And see the world in endless sleep, the *Hero's soul* cursed blade shall *reap*. A single choice to end his days, *Olympus* to preserve or *raze*.

"Child of *Lightning* beware the *Earth*, the *Giants'* revenge the seven shall birth. The *Forge* and *Dove* shall break the cage, and death unleash, through *Hera's* rage.

"To the north, beyond the *gods*, lies the *Legion's* Crown. Falling from ice, the son of *Neptune* shall drown.

"Wisdom's daughter walks alone, the Mark of *Athena* burns through *Rome*. Twins snuff out the angel's breath, who hold the key to endless *death*. *Giant's* bane stands gold and pale, won through pain from a woven *jail*.

"Seven Half-Bloods shall answer the call, through Storm or Fire the world must fall. An oath to keep with a final breath, and foes bear arms to the *Doors* of *Death*."

Suddenly, she slumped forward, her body straightening before she could hit the ground. (the words in between the *'s they can't hear properly). And away she walked, as if she hadn't just recited nine prophecies. Percy's body had stiffened almost the moment Trelawney started to recite the prophecies, and stiff it still was. I watched his face carefully, but he didn't seem to notice.

It seemed as if he had known the prophecies, as if he had heard them before. Whether it was consciously or not, Percy had mouthed each and every prophecy, word for word. Even when Trelawney's voice became too raspy to understand certain words, Percy's lips formed the words we couldn't hear. He knew those prophecies, knew them so much he could repeat them word for word. Emotions had raged in Percy's eyes, some I could read, some I couldn't, and some that made me feel in ways I couldn't explain. Now all that remained was a blank emptiness that made my heart ache for reasons unknown. He stood abruptly out of his chair and sped out of the room, but not before I saw the vulnerability in his face.