Questions & Quidditch

Percy PoV

It's been a couple days since Jason came, and Hermione and Ron are still shooting me suspicious glances. Even Harry sometimes. He would get this look like he was thinking and look at me questioningly. They've yet to talk to me about it, but I know they're just dying to ask me all kinds of questions, especially Hermione. Truthfully, it was getting annoying. They had questions and they knew I knew they had questions, yet they still wouldn't ask them.

Quidditch tryouts were this afternoon and despite Jason's warning, I was going to try it. I had to get used to being able to be in Zeus domain without being zapped to smithereens. Why not start with a sport, though the only sport I ever dabbled in was swimming. I was still nervous, but I knew if I showed it, the Slytherins would have a field day. Currently I was in the library reading a book on quidditch. I'd never thought I have to use the contacts Hephaestus gave me, but if I wanted to understand Quidditch, I'd need to do some reading.

Hermione, Ron and Harry were two tables over, doing a horrible job of whispering. My leg bounced consistently and I clenched my jaw. I hated it when people weren't upfront with their thoughts and I hated gossip. Even if I couldn't hear them it was impossible to not be able to tell they were talking about me. They threw me conspicuous glances and gestured not so subtly in my direction. I just wanted to confront them, shout in their faces because it was so frustrating. I could hear most of what they were saying, my ears having been trained to pick up on quiet things, but I tuned them out. It's not my business until they make it my business.

Snapping the book shut, I got up and left the library. I decided to read in the common room. The glances were just getting too annoying and distracting and I could feel their gazes burning on my back as I left the library. I rolled my eyes. Just ask already! I heard footsteps hurry behind me. Harry caught up and pulled my arm slightly.

"Hey, Percy?" I hummed and turned around, praying to whatever gods liked me that they were finally going to ask their questions. "We just wanted to ask you some questions about what happened the other day, if you're okay with that." I nodded and smiled.

"I was honestly waiting for you to ask me. I knew you had questions and all the suspicious glances you guys kept throwing were starting to getting really annoying. You guys are not discreet at all." The three of them flushed red much to my amusement. I spun back around and continued to the common room. Reading would have to wait, not that I was upset about that. Muttering the password to The Fat Lady, we entered the common room and headed to the couches around the fire. Settling down, I asked them,

"So what do you want to know?"

"Who's Jason? What was he doing here? How did he get here? Who is Heph? Who are Annabeth and Thalia? How do you have a Pegasus as a pet, I thought you just found out about the wizarding world? What is that electric horse and how is Jason able to touch it without getting electrocuted? Why were you being so weird with the black Pegasus? Who are Hazel and Arion?" Hermione fired.

"Jason, is my cousin, as Harry already knows. So are Hazel, Thalia, and Nico. Annabeth is my girlfriend and Arion is Hazel's pet horse. I found Blackjack around five years ago trapped in a cage in an abandoned warehouse. I freed him and took him home, fed him some donuts, and he's been with me ever since. I met Jason when I was 16 at a family reunion in San Francisco. We got bored and so we wondered off into the woods behind the barbecue and just goofed around, following the trail.

"Eventually, we got lost and stumbled out onto a road. It was our only option so we followed it and it led to a plant that had been under construction for nearly eight years. Jason recognised it and so we went inside and was messing around with the machinery. Then, we heard a loud sound and ducked behind some equipment, slowly creeping to see what it was. That's when we found Tempest and a bunch of stuff happened that isn't mine to tell. The gist is, he got some really cool abilities.