"Wrong Lever!"

Harry PoV

Ron's words stung me, but I knew they were true. I was toxic to Percy, I couldn't be around him. Who knew, maybe next time he was around me I'd actually get him killed. I couldn't deal with that. I sat down back in my chair unsteadily,

"Sorry," My voice trembled and I cleared my throat. "You were saying, Professor Snape?" Snape stared at me for a bit, most likely surprised at how subdued I was.

"Yes, Potter, as I wa—" the room door banged open and a breathless student rushed in, clothes and hair disheveled, face flushed, and eyes wide.

"Professor! There are Death Eaters attacking!." Simultaneously, we all leaped to our feet, my chair toppling backwards and crashing heavily on the stone floor. It resonated as if the abrupt instilling of fear in my body at the news had an anthem. Loud, instant, flinching.

"What?" I heard myself croak out, and my own voice made me flinch. No movement registered, but I found myself running through the halls, following the sounds of struggle I somehow hadn't heard before. There were shouts and screams but I could barely hear them over the thundering in my heart. I skidded against a door and narrowly dodged the grabby hands of a yellow teethed Death Eater. She cackled after me, watching me with an offsetting grin on her face, just watching me, not following... just watching. Spinning back around, I let my legs carry me to a destination I wasn't conscious of, but my heart beat faster and panic built up in my chest. It was only when I saw the Hospital Wing doors up ahead they I know where I was going. Percy.

Bursting into the room so forcefully my arm aches where it made contact with the door, I careened forwards, trying to catch myself. Head whipping up frantically, I searched for Percy but didn't see him. Marching to a bed with the curtains drawn closed, I ripped it open, coming face to face with slightly blood stained sheets and no person. Stumbling backwards, I nearly tripped on my feet turning around to race to the door. Percy wasn't here and I needed to find him before they found him. Because, I knew they'd be looking for him. Looking to find him, to catch him, and to bring him to Voldemort.

. . .

I pressed my body against the door, my ears strained, trying to hear what was being said. Lucius Malfoy was in Hogwarts, talking to Severus Snape; whatever they're talking about, it has to be important. And related to Voldemort.

"Severus... now... friends... wants him." I only caught bits and phrases, and I briefly wondered why they didn't cast a silencing charm.

"Lucius, I don't think giv... why would... not even... unless... so special about him... for..." Their voices dropped to a low timber and for seconds on end I stood as still as possible, waiting for their voices to raise. They did, and now they seemed more angry, but I could hear them better.

"Voldemort wants Jackson, that's all you need... apparently powerful... him... give him to... Voldemort... use Jackson... says having him on our side will help take down Potter... potential." I could barely hold in the gasped that threatened to pass through my lips.

"How do you know that Jackson will help?" Lucius laughed and the sound of tapping ensued and I could almost envision his mahogany and silver staff.

"... friends with Draco, we already have him...then...comply... Potter... then we can put him under the Imperious Curse." There was a long pause before the conversation picked up again, changing to a rash Narcissa Malfoy had on her shoulder.

Silently, I slinked away, not daring to move faster than a snail until I was three corridors and six twists and turns away from Snape's room. I should have known, I should have known! Of course Percy's a Death Eater, he went to Malfoy Manor for Christmas! If that wasn't indication enough, ever since him and Malfoy returned just two days ago, they seem closer than before. Percy's a Death Eater and he's going to put me under the Imperious Curse. I couldn't tell Ron and Hermione, I couldn't. If they knew, then they'd be in even more danger than they already are from just being friends with me.

I rounded a corner and bumped into someone, their hands shooting out to steady me, a familiar sounding chuckle escaping their lips. Steadied, I stepped backwards, looking up to see who I'd bumped into. White toothed smiled, sea green eyes, and coarse, black hair.

"Harry, woah, slow down there, buddy." I offered a weak smile while fighting the urge to shove him and run. Percy laughed again, shaking his head and looking at me sideways, a smile on his lips and an odd glint in his eyes. I shivered.

. . .

I grabbed the arm of a second year, yanking him behind while I blocked the spell of a red haired Death Eater.

"Stupefy!" The stunning spell hit the Death Eater and I took the opportunity to charge off to the prefect nearby, shoving the second year at him. "Go! Get him with the others!" The sixth year nodded and took off. Soon her and the tear streaked face of the second year disappeared from view. A body bulldozed into me from behind, knocking to the ground, forehead cracking against the stone floor. Pain burst through my temple as blood oozed into my eyes and a low ringing sounded in my ear. I vaguely felt my body being shook, too disoriented to care. Finally, the ringing in my ears faded and I pushed myself up, standing unsteadily, my vision swimming. When I could finally see right, Luna Lovegood's face greeted me, her blonde brows furrowed in concern. Just as I opened my mouth to say something else, I spotted another blonde, this one platinum. Draco Malfoy.

Pushing past Luna apologetically, I hurried after him. Malfoy moved steadily and quickly through the throng of spell casting wizards and witches, wand firing at Death Eaters left and right. Looks of shock registered on the Death Eaters faces, clearly not expecting Malfoy to be firing at them. Draco Malfoy's fighting on our side. The realization shocked me and I nearly lost track of him. Luckily, his platinum blonde hair has hard to miss. Soon, the Death Eaters realized he was fighting against them and started firing at him. A Death Eater snuck up behind him and clenched a fist into the next of his robes, spinning him around.

"Malfoy! If you do this, there's no going back! You're fighting on the wrong side!" The Death Eater had to shout to be heard over the noise of fighting. Malfoy yanked himself from the Death Eater grasp.

"I wouldn't dream of going back, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm fighting on the right side," with that, a furious "STUPEFY" thundered from his mouth and the Death Eater flew backwards, head cracking against the stone wall. He fell and didn't come back up. Momentarily stuck in place as he fought off a throng of Death Eaters, two of which I recognized as Avery and Jugson, I made my way to him. Poising my wand, I flicked my wrist as the spell ripped through my throat and out of my mouth,

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" Jugson's body stiffened and he dropped like a straight board, the body bind spell having hit him square in the chest. The throng of Death Eaters were down and Malfoy spun around, eyes widening in surprise when he saw me. Now standing right next to him, I asked him the question I'd been burning to ever since I saw him fighting through the crowd. "Percy, have you seen Percy?" Malfoy nodded hesitantly. "Is he safe? Where is he?" My voice came out in shouts for though we were right next to each other, there was too much noise around us.

"He's fine, Harry! I know you don't trust me, but there's somewhere I need to take him and you can't follow us!" I shook my head, because he was right, I don't trust him. Malfoy sighed, glanced around and leaned in closer. "You can't let anyone know you know this, okay?" I nodded, staring into his eyes. "Jason and Annabeth, I'm sure you've heard of them... they've been captured by The Dark Lord and I'm taking Percy to go rescue them. You can't come because if you get captured... everything is over." Draco pushed away from me and I didn't stop him. I didn't trust him, but somehow I knew his words were sincere. While he was at the end of the corridor, in swooped Percy from nowhere. Draco spoke to him quickly and they both turned to look at me. Draco grimaced a smile before turning away quickly, casting a "IMMOBULUS!" So loud that I heard it from where I'm standing. But Percy, he was still looking at me. I could feel my throat drying up and my stomach coiling, this is the first time I'm seeing him since I almost killed him. Then he smiles, turns, and runs after Malfoy.

§§§

So... we know Percy's okay, but how about Jason and Annabeth?

Next chapter will answer your burning questions.

Sorry, I planned to post them at the same time, but I got busy with cooking, so the next chapter won't be up for another 3-5 hours. Sorry!