Sake of the Mission

Percy PoV-

I walked into the bathroom and splashed some water on my face, feeling rejuvenated. The dream I had a few minutes ago still ringing in my head. I had to protect Harry, Ron and Hermione. Ron and Hermione don't even trust me, how am I going to protect them? They were constantly shooting me suspicious glances and whispering to each other. Harry was the only one who trusted me. Suddenly Thalia was looking at me through an Iris Message.

"Percy! I've been trying to get a connection for ages. Campers are going missing and Jason never came back. We sent out a search party and I couldn't go, but they haven't come back." Her eyes were wide and I could hear talking in the background. Jason never came back?

"I sent him back on Tempest, I swear. He left almost a week ago." I was worried, why did it take her so long to tell me? Why was it so hard for her to get a connection? The Iris message started flickering.

"No, no, no! The connection is breaking! Percy, Annabeth's missing!" With that the Iris message disappeared. Annabeth was missing? Annabeth? I stumbled out of the bathroom and into Harry.

"Hey, Perc- Percy, you okay?" I nodded absentmindedly. Annabeth was missing. My wise girl was missing, in danger and I was all the way in Scotland.

"I need to talk to Professor Dumbledore." He led me out of the common room and I followed him through corridors. On the way we bumped into McGonagall.

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Jackson. Where are you going?" Harry released a breath.

"We're looking for Professor Dumbledore, Percy says he needs to see him."

"I'm afraid the Headmaster isn't here. If you want you can talk to me, Mr. Jackson." I nodded. Dumbledore might be more help but McGonagall could help. "If you would follow me. Mr. Potter are dismissed." She walked briskly and I followed anxiously behind her. I needed to leave, to go back to Camp. To help look for Jason and the search party and Annabeth. I couldn't stay here. I would come back when they were found. We entered what I assumed is her office and she shut the door sitting behind her desk.

"I need to go, I- My friends, family are missing. Jason, my cousin, he's missing. And an entire search party, plus Annabeth." I rushed out.

"Mr. Jackson you are aware of your mission, correct? You know that you can't leave, Voldemort could attack at any time." I furrowed my brows. My mission! My family and friends were more important than a mission!

"My friends, some of them family, all of them I consider family. They are missing, in danger Professor. For all I know they could be fighting for their lives. You want me to just forget about them for the sake of a mission!"

"From what I was told, you demigods are quite capable of taking care  of yourselves."

"We're not gods, Minerva! Half-god, Half-god! We are still human. We still get injured, still bleed. We breathe, we live and we die. And they could be dying right now! We're hunted by monsters! I need to leave McGonagall!" I was furious. She didn't care. What did she think we were. We weren't gods, only their children. That doesn't makes us indestructible.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jackson. Breakfast is starting and you have an hour and a half until class starts." It was a clear dismissal and I stormed out of her office, slamming the door behind me.

"Perseus, you can't leave Hogwarts. I know how much they mean to you, but Voldemort is a huge threat." I heard Hecate's voice in my head. It only made me angrier. They were in danger, I just knew it. I walked into the Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table. I ignored their curious glances as I stabbed at my food. Harry came and sat next to me with a reluctant Ron and Hermione.

"Percy, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine." I knew he didn't believe me, but I didnt care.

"Something's wrong, ever since you woke up earlier this morning. You've bee-"

"Look Harry, I appreciate it, I do, but now isn't the time. Nothing's wrong, I can handle it." I got up to leave the Great Hall, not hungry anyway, bur Hermione's voice stopped me.

"He's just trying to be nice. You could be more grateful and kind." She sniveled. She was one to talk.

"You're one to talk! Ever since I got here all I've been is nice to you and Ron. Yet youre always whispering behind my back, glaring at me and shooting me mistrustful glances. Don't talk to me about reciprocating kindness, Hermione Granger!" I shot her a well-deserved glare. I rushed out of the Great Hall before I could regret yelling at her.

"Percy, wait!" I ignored Harry's call. What was the point. I would see him in potions for first class anyway. Jason and Annabeth were in danger, missing and I was useless. When they needed me most I couldn't do anything. Ron and Hermione don't trust me and it's seems nothing I do can change that. Then there's the fact that there's something Hecate's not telling me. Something with Earthfire.