"With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility"- Spiderman

Percy PoV

I sighed as my head hit the pillow. Who knew Quidditch was so tiring? The snitch Harry let me keep hovered over my pillow before it, too rested. I felt my consciousness slip away as I shut my eyes.

. . .

It was staticky, almost like everything in front of me was the screen of a really old TV set. I had been in this scene too many times to not recognize it. A god or goddess was trying to contact me. As it cleared up some, I was able to make out my surroundings. I was in a room with a throne, only one. The throne was beautiful in it's own way, but didn't seem particularly comfortable and their was no insight I could glean from it. I moved on.

The walls were interesting, what they were depicting constantly changing. They were mostly barely discernible paths highlighted in a black void, but some of them were merely swirls of colors. No, not merely— they were enticing and captured my attention for the entirety of the brief moments they were shone. Other images seemed to be half formed, barely outlined forms shrouded in fog— or a thick mist. The ones that captivated me the most— even more so than the swirls of color— were the images of something fluid and flowing. It fluctuated and pulsed, throbbed and flitted. It was bright and made my heart thud with a feeling I couldn't identify. I felt myself float towards it, reaching out, wanting so much to touch—

"Touching my walls isn't what I called you here for, young hero. You know how hard it is for the gods and goddesses to establish a connection with the demigods. There is not time to lose." I jerked my hand back, spinning around. I'd only seen her less than a handful of times, but I could never forget her. Before me stood Hecate, the goddess of Magic, Crossroads and the Mist. I lowered down onto one knee.

"My Lady, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called me?" She waved her hand and I stood.

"Long ago, I blessed five mortals with the gift of magic. The magic manifested and was passed down through the generations, sometimes skipping a few. But the magic also flowed into mortals that were not descended from magic. The one who wielded magic formed a community and started calling themselves Wizards and Witches. They separated from the mortal world and hid their magic from mortals. Four of the five I blessed built a school; Hogwarts. No one knew of the fifth one's existence until he perished under mysterious circumstances. The other four; Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Godric Gryffindor, and Salazar Slytherin lived on to live lives written in the history books.

"But here, a more relevant story as to your presence: Years ago a witch fell in love with a mortal, but the mortal did not love her back. Unwilling to give up the one who held her heart, the woman tricked him with a love potion and soon got impregnated. However, the man learned of the witch's deeds and deserted them, for he wanted nothing to do with neither the woman, nor their child. Alone— for she was shunned by her family— and suffering from a broken heart, when the time of delivery came, the woman stumbled upon an orphanage and gave birth there. The child— merely an innocent babe at the time— never got to meet his mother.

The father did not want the child and the mother had passed after delivery, so the child became an orphan in the very orphanage he was born in. However, even amongst those who suffered like him, the child did not find community and his heart grew to be filled with hate and anger. The ones who could relate to him the most— who could understand how it felt to feel what he felt— often bullied him. Then came Albus Dumbledore, having known of the powerful child, wanting to take him to Hogwarts. And off they went to Hogwarts, and under the skilled teaching of the masterful professors there, child grew stronger and even more powerful. He was extremely intelligent, yet as his power grew, so did the evil in his heart.

"This child is Tom Marvolo Riddle. As the years progressed, he became more evil and began terrorizing the magical community. Riddle wanted to mold the world to his liking, beginning with eradicating all muggleborns. Riddle was cunning, charming, and persuasive, and soon acquired followers. He was not the only one who believed muggleborns unworthy and vermin, simply the only one to put into grand effects plans to do so. He became known to the wizarding world as Lord Voldemort, inspiring fear into the hearts of many— so much so that many were- and still are- too afraid to utter it. Instead, he was referred to as "You-Know-Who," "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named," and "The Dark Lord." His followers took on the name 'Death Eaters' and bear a mark called the Dark Mark. It was a time filled with fear and streets just as empty during the day as the night.

"Then the Dark Lord heard of a prophecy, a prophecy foretelling a child to be his bane. A child born to those who thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies. Voldemort sought out this child to kill him before he grew up, and one night there was a disturbance on Godric Hollow. Fear was alive on that street that night, for Voldemort was spotted with his followers. Voldemort forced his way into the house of a family of three: mother, a father, and a one year old boy. While the father fended off Voldemort and his followers, the mother ran to protect the baby. The father was killed with the most unforgivable curse and Voldemort proceeded upstairs to the mother and baby. Voldemort killed the mother, but when he shot the same curse at the baby, it rebounded and struck him. Voldemort disappeared without a trace and without their leader, his followers ran. Many were captured and taken to Azkaban, the wizard prison, but many more are still in hiding. The love of the mother protected the baby and created a shield impenetrable to Voldemort, for he knew no love and only had evil in his heart.

"The father's name was James and the mother's name was Lily. The baby was Harry, Harry Potter. For the shield to remain, Harry had to live with his mother's side of the family and there they malnourished and mistreated him, similar to a slave. Luckily, Albus sent for him at Hogwarts and there he found a second home. At Hogwarts and with the Weasley's. Yet the time for fear has come once again for Voldemort has risen. You crashing through the ceiling of the Great Hall was no coincidence. I sent you here to protect Harry Potter and his closest friends, for Voldemort will come after him. This is your mission young hero."

"Why me, Milady?" This was a magical community, how could I protect Harry from an evil powerful wizard, when I had no magic? Why not one of Hecate's kids, they had magic. Wizards were in a way still mortal so celestial bronze wouldn't work on them.

"Your godly energy can flow into magical energy once paired with a wand, and you are the only demigod I deemed capable. Capable of not just mere protection, but all else that will surely come with it. I will leave a few books in Ancient Greek for you to read that gives you more information for your mission. They are written for your convenience and I trust you will not ignore them. Re--member--" The room was getting fuzzy and everything started blipping. The connection was fading. "D-don't revea--l your heritage and don't jeo--pard--ize the mission." Something was poking at the back of my mind, a question.

"Wait! What was the name of the fifth? The fifth person you blessed!" She smiled.

"E-merson Earthf--ire."

. . .

I shot up, eyes wide and breathing hard. I turned to swing my legs off the mattress, and on my bedside table was a stack of books, yet I couldn't get myself to care. For some reason, that name kept ringing in my head— something about it stuck out, seemed important. There was something Hecate didn't tell me, didn't want to tell me, and it had to do with the person with that name. Emerson Earthfire.