Rebound, But Newfound {9}

***Davey’s POV***

                “Davey, I hate pretending to like him. He has the creepiest eyes ever!” Juliet whined.

                I resisted the urge to smack her. Leave it to Trace Saunders to take a nice, pushover girl and turn her into a whiny bitch.

                “Juliet,” I said as patiently as possible. “You pretend to like Tommy. Get him to fall for you, and break him and Zeke up. Zeke goes to Kory for comfort, and Trace gets mad and dumps Kory. Then Trace comes crawling back to you.”

                She brightened at the thought of being back with Trace. How someone could ever fall in love with Trace was beyond me, but whatever.

                I smirked as I leaned back on Juliet’s bed. “Tommy’s a dumb little kid. He’ll fall for it. He’s not used to getting jealous like this. It confuses him. He’s too easy to figure out,” I said happily. Tommy Warren was just a stupid little kid. Easy to manipulate.

                Juliet’s doorbell rang and we glanced at each other and shrugged. “Like I was saying, he’s easy to manipulate. Just play along, and it’ll all work out,” I promised.

                There was a knock on Juliet’s door and we jumped in surprise. Juliet opened the door and I was actually shocked to see Tommy walk into the room.

                I looked into his eyes and mentally cheered. He had fought with Zeke. That had to be it. I could see the hurt, jealousy, and confusion mixed in those creepy eyes of his. He wasn’t used to feeling all of that. Tommy was always in control of his emotions. When he wasn’t, he looked for someone to pretty much guide him and feel for him.

                It had happened before. Tommy’s uncle had died about 2 years ago, and Tommy had been so hurt, sad, and shocked, that he basically had Zeke do all his feeling for him. He had relied heavily on Zeke until he had found his emotional balance again.

                Now that Zeke was the one causing the emotional unbalance, I was the one he was leaning on. Me and Juliet.

                “Hi Tommy,” Juliet said with a smile.

                “Hi,” Tommy mumbled, looking unsure of himself. Now that was something you rarely saw with Tommy. He was always so sure and confident. Oh this was great.

                “Hey there Tom. What are you doing here?” I asked, jumping up and going over to him.

                Tommy didn’t even bother to snap at me about calling him Tom. He just shrugged at me. “I just…” he trailed off and shrugged again.

                “Did you and Zeke get in a fight?” I asked in fake sympathy. Tommy hesitated before slowly nodding.

                “Aw Tommy! I’m sorry!” Juliet said with a deep frown. She hugged him tightly and Tommy weakly hugged her back.

                “It’s okay,” he said quietly, shrugging yet again. “It was stupid.”

                I coughed in my arm to cover up a laugh. I was suddenly thinking of Tom the retard from The Stand. A guy who had been easy to manipulate.

                I pulled out my cell phone and pretended to check it before sighing. “I have to go. My dad needs me,” I lied. “Bye Tommy. Hope you feel better,” I said, slapping him on back before winking at Juliet and leaving her room. Hopefully that dumb bitch could seduce the little creep.