Rebound, But Newfound {15}

"Here Tomcat. Put these away," dad said and handed me a small stack of books. I nodded and left to the children's section of my parents' library to put the books away.

I began to set the books down on the shelves, enjoying the peace and quiet of the library. A few of the little kids were giggling at a table, but that was really the only noise besides the occasional turn of a book page. It was relaxing.

I wasn't talking to my mom. I don't know why her words had bothered me so much, but they had and I was mad at her. I hadn't talked to Zeke in a few days either. I had just been sitting up in my room reading.

I limped out of the children's section and into the teenager's section. I began to stack a few of those books back onto the shelves.

Arms wrapped around my waist. I rolled my eyes and continued to stack the books. "Zeke, I'm working," I said flatly. What was he doing here?

"It's your parents' library, and you're volunteering. You can take a minute to talk to your boyfriend," Zeke said, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I wasn't completely sure I still had a boyfriend," I grumbled.

"Well, maybe you would've been if you had answered his calls and texts," Zeke said with a shrug, straightening up but keeping his arms around my waist. "I've been checking at the library for you every day."

"I've been resting in my room. Because my ankle," I said, and felt a little guilt when Zeke winced.

"Tommy, please come talk to me. Just hear me out. Please," he begged desperately. I sighed as I put the last book away.

I turned in Zeke's arms and nodded. "Fine. Whatever. Come with me." I took his hand and pulled him to the back room of the library. I shut the door and locked it before motioning at Zeke to sit on the beat up couch in the room. He did, and I sat next to him.

"Talk," I said, leaning back a little.

"I didn't mean to hurt Tommy. I would never hurt you on purpose. I don't even know where you got a stupid idea like that. I talked to the guys who were there that day, and Phil had the same thought, so I'm going to assume you got it from him," Zeke started.

"Assuming makes an ass out of u and me," I pointed out.

"Oh shut up Tommy. Anyways, I'll take that as a yes, Phil gave you that idea. I don't know where he got it from either. But it's not true. I don't want to see you get kicked off the team. It's just not right. And I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings the other day. I'm really trying hard Tommy."

He took my hands in his. "I..." he trailed off, probably not sure where he was going with that.

I leaned forward and kissed him gently. "I was just upset. I didn't mean to snap at you over anything Zeke," I said with a slight shrug. "I believe that you didn't mean to hurt me. I don't know where Phil got the idea from either, but we'll ask him."

Zeke laid down and held me. "I'm sorry Tommy. This relationship is so...ugh. I'm sorry," he said miserably.

"I don't care Zeke. I love you," I said, kissing him.

Zeke deepened the kiss and licked my bottom lip. I opened my mouth and he rubbed his tongue up against mine. Zeke flipped us so that I was lying on top of him. He ran his under my shirt, and up and down my back.

I grabbed Zeke's hips and grinded our lower halves together. Zeke let out a slight moan and I grinned to myself, loving the sound.

Zeke pulled my shirt off and tossed it on the floor. I pulled Zeke to his feet, completely forgetting about my injured ankle.