Rebound, But Newfound {28}

“Coach, Zeke and I need to talk to you,” Mikey said, going over to Coach at the end of practice. I glanced over nervously and relaxed when I saw that Tommy wasn’t paying attention to us. He was talking to Trace about something.

                “Yes boys?” Coach asked curiously.

                Mikey sighed and reached in his pocket, pulling out the paper. “We hate to tattle, but this has gone on long enough, and we’re getting really sick of it. I’m pretty sure this constitutes as bullying,” Mikey said, handing Coach the paper.

                Coach took it and read it over. He frowned deeply and looked up, his eyes searching until they came to rest on Davey.

                “Davey!” he called. “Get over here!”

                Davey came over curiously. Coach raised an eyebrow and showed him the paper. Davey’s face paled as he looked at it.

                “David Harrison, you’re off the team,” Coach said flatly. “I’ll be calling your parents tonight to explain why.”

                “What? You can’t kick me off the team for that!” Davey cried furiously.

                “I can, and I am. I told you boys that any bullying would result in being kicked off the team. This is cyber bullying, and it’s unacceptable. And don’t even tell me you haven’t picked on Tommy before, because I’ve seen it. Trace also tells me you’ve picked on Kory. You. Are. Off. The. Team.”

                Davey’s mouth dropped open as he searched Coach’s eyes for any sign of a joke. He clenched his fists tightly, glaring in pure fury.

                “My dad will make you lose your coaching job so fucking fast you fucking fag lover!” he screamed before turning and storming away.

                “Tommy!” Coach called, looking amused.

                Tommy wandered over curiously. “Yes?” he asked.

                Coach clapped a hand on his shoulder, smiling. “Welcome back on the varsity team kid,” he said happily.

                Tommy glanced at me and Mikey and raised an eyebrow. “Okay. What did you two do while I was showering?” he demanded.

                I blushed as Coach showed him the facebook printout. Tommy sighed and shook his head, wrapping an arm around my waist.

                “I can’t decide whether I should be happy to be on the team, or pissed that you two invaded my privacy and printed pictures of my personal messages without my knowledge,” he grumbled.

                But I could see in his eyes that he was beyond happy to be back on the team. He leaned up and kissed me deeply, letting me know he appreciated it.

                “Okay boys! First game is tomorrow!” Coach called.

                “Can I play?” Tommy asked nervously.

                Coach grinned and nodded. “Of course you can play Tommy. You’ve come to all of our practices, plus all of the JV practices. You’ll play,” he said, patting Tommy on the back before walking over to talk to Trace.

                “Let’s go tell mom and dad Tommy,” Mikey said with a grin, motioning Sammy over.

                I drove them all back to their house and we went inside. We went to the living room, where Brady and Sally were watching TV.